Husky 5 ft. adjustable height workbench - $100 (New Bern) GONE

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Not mine, etc.

Husky 5 ft. adjustable height workbench - $100 (New Bern)

1640571251659.png

Last edited:

Strom

Strom
Senior User
Can't tell you how handy these are. Band saw table extension, workbench extension and rolling heavy stuff around. Deal.

Hobie1dog

New User
Marty
All the deals are so far away from me, but I have been searching for that model on Facebook marketplace for the last month and most of them are $350 brand new, So $100 is a really good price.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Can't tell you how handy these are. Band saw table extension, workbench extension and rolling heavy stuff around. Deal.
Thanks for that. I'm going to look at one of these in the next few days.
I was given a Home Depot gift card this Christmas and this looks like a great use for it.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
A big thank you to Martin for posting this. It really was a great deal at $100! I've been looking for a quick solution for something with adjustable height to put my Midi Rykon lathe on but didn't know of this offering by HD. So, when I saw the post I got excited until I considered that I'd have to cut it down to fit in my space and after using about all of one day to get it and bring it back to Pittsboro. I went to the Home Depot site and saw that it is offered in a 46" long version for $179. They had it in stock in Apex. We just finished putting it together and it is in its assigned space in the shop. Amen! Now I need to finish the walls around it, build tool holders, etc. The kinds of projects that are relaxing, fun and not too time consuming.

lathe bench.jpg

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Go to Home Depot's website. Locally they showed three in stock. Great. Off to HD with my gift card. They've got nothing in stock. Back home to the internet. Order one. We'll see. Even at full price with tax it may be a good investment in convenience. We'll see.
The load rating is 300 lbs., but the table weighs about 100 so that's not a whole lot left if I install a bottom shelf and fill it with tool boxes.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Go to Home Depot's website. Locally they showed three in stock. Great. Off to HD with my gift card. They've got nothing in stock. Back home to the internet. Order one. We'll see. Even at full price with tax it may be a good investment in convenience. We'll see.
The load rating is 300 lbs., but the table weighs about 100 so that's not a whole lot left if I install a bottom shelf and fill it with tool boxes.
I think that load rating applies to the lifting mechanism, not the base.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Got my HOLT46XDB12/301809931 table from Home Depot today. Assembly wasn't easy because of the cumulative error in the holes. A couple of bar clamps helped (Bessy K-body revo type).
The build is plenty heavy but the weak point is the caster type. They are the two piece wheel type with a hard plastic core and a softer rubbery plastic tire. A heavy weight will squish that apart over time. That wheel type would be great for finished hardwood floors in an office or other indoor occupiable living space. The casters are 3/8-16 thread stem type, a pretty common size. I'm likely going to try to replace them with a sturdier set more suitable for a concrete floor.

I haven't used it yet, but I sure am looking forward to having an ad-hoc plywood support, RAS extension support table, and a miter saw extension. Another promising use is to put a grinder on it for tedious grinding jobs where sitting is easier than standing.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Find a metric cap screw with a 10mm head. Chuck it in your battery drill and you've got a power raise/lower device.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS