HOW Tour of skram Furniture....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Our little "brick and mortar" Woodworking group, Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers Meetup had the great privilege of a guided tour of a local professional furniture makers shop.

We have about 21 members in attendance.

Jacob Marks is the owner and head maker of sawdust. He has four employees who help with the work. One is a welder for the metal parts of the pieces.

You can read more at his website: http://www.skramfurniture.com/

We had a wonderful tour and had our minds blown by not only his amazing pieces, but his rather massive machinery!

One of the neatest machines was a veneer stitcher. It takes two pieces of veneer and runs a zigzag stitch of hot melt glue just like a sewing machine. Done instead of the traditional veneer tape approach. Darnedest thing.

You can see a bunch of nifty pics taken by our own Ed Brant in my Gallery, here are a few highlights:

Skram_Tour-27.JPG

View image in gallery

We had a great time, and all came away in need of bigger shops. He only had 12,000 sq feet :)

Jim

Last edited:

Dragon

New User
David
WOW!! I love this guys' work. Nice to see someone making a living at woodcrafting. Wonder if he's hiring?

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Thanks for sharing Jim. The furniture that I build is contemporary in design and the photos of their pieces are very, very inspiring.

Bob

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Jim,

Looks like it was a great time. Thanks so much for sharing the photos. That is some very impressive work they do. Would've loved to have been on that tour. :thumbs_up:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS