How the other half lives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
For reference, interesting discussion on SMC on US-made equipment vs. imports. On page 2, Ken (one of the moderators) made the following post:

James,
We aren't censors per se but Moderators.
Everyone was supposed to read, understand, and agree to abide with the TOSs of this website when they joined.
Political statements and discussions are prohibited by the TOSs.
Believe me when I say none of the Moderators enjoy editing or deleting posts or moving threads to the Moderator's Forum. We take a lot of heat for those actions.
Just recently, I was sent a PM for a similar action with threats/warnings of possible future legal action involving myself and SMC. I wasn't the person who moved the thread, I just tried to explain why the thread was moved. Huh? Talk about shooting the messenger.
The point is this website is about woodworking and other related subjects. I would hate to see heated political discussions ruin the spirit of SMC. This is one of the most civil sites on the internet where Pros and Novices alike can come together to exchange information and maybe share a little of their lives.
The next time you wonder "Hmmmm, are we being too strict here in the moderation on North Carolina Woodworker ?", keep this thread in mind. It's impossible to tell obviously how many posts in this thread were edited/ deleted, my guess is a great number of them. I don't think we've ever had legal action threatened against us, so we're not doing too badly :)

M

McRabbet

And with our continued fair moderation process, we shouldn't need to worry about it.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
In years past they have had some heavy handed moderation there. I lot of people left and formed their own website/group.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Good to hear others in the same boat.

Threaten legal action? My word, someone needs more fiber in ones diet......

Jim

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bas, thanks for posting. It helps to know we are not alone in the struggles to keep this civil and WW focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS