How smoothly does your bandsaw table tilt adjustment work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I have a question for all of the 10-326/10-325 owners.

How smoothly does your table tilt adjustment work?

The trunnion on mine would not move. After discussions with Rikon (see post #2), I disassembled the trunnion and finally got it to move, but it is nowhere near being a smooth operation. I expect adjustments of this nature to be silky smooth on a saw of this quality.

ehpoole

Ethan
Do you have it locked? Mine is very smooth after I figured out how to unlock it.

Yeah, one definitely has to unlock things first. That said, it has been a good while since I last had to adjust the table tilt in my Rikon 10-345 (18" bandsaw) but I do not recall it being at all difficult once unlocked. If you do have excess friction you may wish to disassemble and look for any burrs or debris that may be binding as well as lubricate the trunion surfaces prior to reassembling and see if that solves your issue as dry metal on metal can have a bit of friction, especially if there are any burrs or debris trapped between the mating surfaces.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
Do you have it locked? Mine is very smooth after I figured out how to unlock it.

Mike - It is unlocked. After Rikon said they were shipping a new trunnion I disassembled this one. Even before I disassembled the lock was working properly and free.

Ethan - Disassembly does not reveal any glaring problems. I lubricated, inspected, etc. and it still doesn't move properly.

Ray - I considered the Laguna's but I don't have 220 in the workshop so went with choice 2, the Rikon. I see now that their 14|12 is a 110 and if the new trunnion doesn't work out, Highland Hardware will get a shipment and I'll just have to eat the shipping charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS