how do I post an article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strom

Strom
Senior User
I have been a member for some time but have never been able to post to Articles. I type the message but cannot figure how to send. Help please thanks:confused:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Click "Articles" in the rust color menu bar, then on the right it says Create "Article" 'GO'

click GO and it should open an editor where you can paste your text and add attachments.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Articles are not the most straightforward of things. They present, unfortunately, a rather intimidating user interface (honestly, I am uncertain as to whether vBulletin ever intended member submitted Articles given the interface they created!). Ideally you will remember to setup the correct Section Category for your Article, but that, too, is not the most straightforward. Do not forget to "Save" the Article when you are finished editing it (the save, and related, buttons are near the top of the Article editor rather than the usual bottom of the screen).

Afterwards you will need to let us know that you have composed and submitted an Article so that we may review it to ensure it meets our criteria for publishing as Articles are intended to be highly informative, far more so than the typical post or thread. If it meets our criteria to publish then we will review all those confusing settings for you (so do not panic if you make mistakes as we will clean up any mistakes) and then the Article will go live. If it does not meet our criteria then we will let you know in what way it falls short so that you may choose to edit it and improve upon it (or not, but we hope you do) Unlike posts, Articles do not go live automatically and only Board and admin members can approve new Articles, so they are all, essentially, moderated -- but you must let us know one has been submitted as we are not automatically notified of such.

Good luck and thank you for your interest in authoring an Article for our consideration. Like I said above, do not panic if all the settings are confusing you, just focus on composing your Article and inserting any photos inline and remember to "Save" it when you are done, we will review and fix all of the settings before approving your Article, so just do your best!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS