[How Do I-Gallery] Uploading pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I tried to upload 5 pics today. After submitting them the little upload icon continued spinning for several minutes so I figured it was a work in progress. Suddenly a new Safari page appeared with the error message "Page not found".

When I returned to the previous page I was simply back at the original gallery upload window. No pictures selected, etc.

I'm gonna try uploading again through Firefox instead of Safari. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
May be due to upgrades in progress. Steve said he would be working on the site during the day today.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Jeff, I just looked and none of your pictures made it to the intermediate processing directory. This usually indicates that the total size of the pictures that you tried to upload was 32MB or greater. Check and see if this was the case. And if so, trying uploading fewer pictures. If not try again. esither way report back what you found.

newtowood, fyi, I am not making any changes in the gallery, so that shouldn't be the cause.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Jeff, I just looked and none of your pictures made it to the intermediate processing directory. This usually indicates that the total size of the pictures that you tried to upload was 32MB or greater. Check and see if this was the case. And if so, trying uploading fewer pictures. If not try again. esither way report back what you found.

newtowood, fyi, I am not making any changes in the gallery, so that shouldn't be the cause.
Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply. I posted 5 pictures in my Gallery a few days ago which totaled 6.4 Mb. I didn't pay attention to how long it took to upload, but when I looked a bit later I saw that I had 5 pics in my queue. They later appeared in my Gallery. The ones that I tried to post today totaled 6.6 Mb, but after the "page not found" error message I had 0 in the queue.

I'll try again so keep me posted and I'll do likewise.

Thanks again.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I just tried to upload the same 5 pics. Again, "page not found" via Firefox.

I then tried to upload only 2 pics. Same error message.

Maybe one of those electronic/computer gremlins that we all know so well! I could just print and mail them for scanning at your end, but that seems to be counter to the 21 st century. Darth Vader and Hal live amongst us.

M

McRabbet

Jeff,

Just to be sure -- there are two steps involved -- first you select the photos you want to upload and identify the specific files and begin the upload. Once that completes, you have thumbnails created for each and you can add descriptions, titles, etc, but you must then process them again with a button at the bottom of the page. If you don't do that final submit, they'll never arrive. Just checking to help you sort it out.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Be sure you aren't using AOL.:wmad: Had the same problem a few months back & it cleared up when I uploaded with Firefox. :eusa_clap

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I just tried to upload the same 5 pics. Again, "page not found" via Firefox.

I then tried to upload only 2 pics. Same error message.

Maybe one of those electronic/computer gremlins that we all know so well! I could just print and mail them for scanning at your end, but that seems to be counter to the 21 st century. Darth Vader and Hal live amongst us.
Jeff will you please email those pictures to me, so I figure out what's going on.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Jeff,

Just to be sure -- there are two steps involved -- first you select the photos you want to upload and identify the specific files and begin the upload. Once that completes, you have thumbnails created for each and you can add descriptions, titles, etc, but you must then process them again with a button at the bottom of the page. If you don't do that final submit, they'll never arrive. Just checking to help you sort it out.
Thanks. I'm not even getting to first base. After I've selected the photos and "Submit" I get the "Page Not Found" error message. So, they're not even getting to the site. I'm on a Mac iBook G4 using verizon.yahoo.com as the external link. I'm not using AOL.

I'm still puzzled because I managed to uneventfully upload 5 photos from the same file about 1 week ago. I didn't pay attention to the details; they just went.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I'm still having problems and getting nowhere fast. When I receive the "Page not Found" error message it's trying to reach the following:

http://ncwoodworker.net/pp/uploadphoto.php

It strikes me that the ".php" is a strange way to end the string. Is this relevant to the problem?
.php is correct and infact that is a working link to the right place, I just tried it.

Please delete all browser temp files and all cookies from our site. I suspect things are out of sync on you machine.

M

McRabbet

A "file not found" error means that they could not be found on your Mac. You need to browse to the directory where the pictures reside and click on each of them in oder to get them in the Upload window; repeat for up to five files and click submit. I'm somewhat in the dark here because I don;t have a Mac or do I use Firefox.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Jeff will you please email those pictures to me, so I figure out what's going on.
I can't email them because none of your email addresses are recognized by my outgoing server. I tried http://coles.us/. Now I get this message that claims that none of your email addresses appear to be valid!

Aaaarrrrggggh.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I can't email them because none of your email addresses are recognized by my outgoing server. I tried http://coles.us/. Now I get this message that claims that none of your email addresses appear to be valid!

Aaaarrrrggggh.
Jeff in terms of picture uploading, please try doing the cache and temp things I menetioned above.

As far as the email stuff, you've got some real problems. Probably DNS related. You to contact your ISP.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I was able to upload your pictures without incident. I did it with IE under windows and with firefox under mac OS10.5

Here is what I need you do, if you want further help. Provide a VERY detail sequence of what you did, step by step. At each point I need you to what you see, even better would be to provide screen shots at each step, if you know how to do that.

When you get the Page not found message, please look at the brower's address bar and copy what it says exactly.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've been overwhelmed

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I was able to upload your pictures without incident. I did it with IE under windows and with firefox under mac OS10.5

Here is what I need you do, if you want further help. Provide a VERY detail sequence of what you did, step by step. At each point I need you to what you see, even better would be to provide screen shots at each step, if you know how to do that.

When you get the Page not found message, please look at the brower's address bar and copy what it says exactly.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, I've been overwhelmed
I saw that you've posted the 4 pics in my gallery. I began to reconstruct the error path with screen shots at each stage as you suggested. However, it went in a matter of seconds after submission. After the thumbnail box I sent it and it was there immediately (it's a duplicate with a May 8 date).

This was via Safari 3.1.1 and Mac OS X 10.4.7 (same as I've been using). So much for the "page not found" error message. I can only surmise that verizon.yahoo.com may have been doing some site maintenance, etc. that interfered with the process over the past week or so.

Maybe Murphy's Law in reverse: Given a chance to go right things will go right.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
And I forgot to say thank you in closing my last post. I know that you've been swamped with other stuff so from my little corner of the world I have to say "Thanks again".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS