[How Do I-Gallery] Message in Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnW

New User
John
Was loitering around our gallery earlier today when I noticed "You have 2 messages"...I didn't know about this forum feature. This was NOT a PM but a message???

Is there some notification letting us know we have messages in our gallery? Similar to PM notification? Someone asked me a question a while back and I ignored it :eusa_snoo...or it probably looks that way because I didn't know it was there.

Enlightenment is needed. :eusa_thin

Thanks...
John W

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
John, in looking at what you were talking about, I found several problems in PhotoPost's (our gallery software) configuration:elvis:. Plus I found a bug:goofy: with the comments in the Gallery.:wcry:

Anyway, at this point I am confused with how certain things are supposed to work, what is a configuration problem and what's a bug.:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

So give me some time to figure out what's going on here. Probably will not get to it today.

BTW, see if you are still getting an indication of a message, please.

Staff: I'll take responsibility for this one. But if you have any insight into this, please let me know.

Thanks,

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok hre's what I found and changed. First, the messages you were refereing to shouln't have been there. In the lastest version of PhotoPost there is an optional forum system and PM system. This is for the use of sites that don't have their own forum system. This option should not have been turned on, but was because of a misunderstanding of what an option meant. I have corrected this.

The correct way to comment on on photo is to use PP's comment system. When you look under the full display of a picture, you will see a comment box that looks like the quick reply box on a regular thread. You can also click on the add comment icon and you will be taken to a page that provides a full reply/comment box. That btw was broken and I have fixed it.

JohnW

New User
John
Steve...just checked. It's gone.

Don't know if it was a bug, bird or rodent...but you fixed it.

Thanks
John W

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS