How do I achieve DQ Status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokey

New User
Jerry
When I log in, the system will not remember me. Also when I check the number of times I have visited the site, it gives a number in the last xxx days. I think that this is why I am not discount qualified.

thank you

Jerry Byrum

Last edited by a moderator:

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Re: Pokey

Your registering 5.27 visits per week. Look underneath your name in blue on the left hand side. Please visit http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/content.php?r=122 to learn more about DQ Program. I suspect you haven't posted in the "Who are We" forum introducing yourself since you posted this and your showing you only started one thread. I imagine that should help in fixing your problem.

ehpoole

Ethan
Jerry,

Several Issues:

1) On at least some of the devices you have been using in the last 24 hours to access our site you have not had cookies enabled for this site. It is extremely difficult to maintain reliable login credentials on this site without at least enabling support for session cookies (and ideally full cookies if you want "Remember Me" to function to its fullest). In most browsers you will have the choice to either enable cookies globally for all websites *or*, if you prefer, for only the "ncwoodworker.net" domain.

2) Once cookies are enabled, if you do not check the "Remember Me" option while logging in then your login credentials are only good for about 15-20 minutes (or thereabouts, I don't recall the precise duration) before you are dropped due to inactivity. This can be especially problematic if composing long replies to a thread where the security token may expire before you complete your response and submit it (which can lead to lost replies).

If your environment is suitable for such (i.e. this is not a publicly shared PC) then checking "Remember Me" is advisable (provided cookies have been properly enabled) as it will result in the system silently logging you back in without the headache of repeatedly having to login manually each time your session times out. Please note that this feature only works when cookies are enabled, otherwise it has no way to preserve your security token.

3) Please refer the the Article on the NCWW Discount Program (DQ) that Zach has kindly provided a direct link to -- you can also find this Article from the Policy tab on the main menu bar. There are a number of requirements that must be met before you can gain DQ Status. Failing any one of the requirements will be enough to prevent you from gaining DQ Status.

The DQ status is updated weekly and a new list of members who have either gained or lost DQ Status is generated and transmitted to participating retailers at the beginning of each month.

At present you are failing at least two of the core requirements: a) Introduce yourself in the "Who we are" forum (i.e. tell us about yourself and your interests) and b) you have not opted into any of the DQ vendors (you must have opted into at least one vendor's DQ list in order to achieve DQ status with that vendor). You may opt into DQ Vendors from the "General Settings" area under the "Settings" control panel (upper right-hand of each screen). There may be other issues but these are the two most obvious issues.

4) The "xxx" days is really a meaningless issue. It is just a minor glitch because nobody ever bothered to hardcode the number "180" in this area so you are simply seeing some placeholder text in lieu of the number "180". All that matters is your actual Visitation Frequency value and that you have been a member for greater than 60 days. Meet all the other DQ requirements and you will achieve DQ status within a week or so, plus a few more weeks before the vendor's have a chance to process the updated DQ list that is mailed out at the beginning of each month.

Good luck!

PS - In the future please provide a more descriptive thread title (i.e. something more than "Pokey" ;)) so that other member's (as well as ourselves) will know what the thread is about without first having to open the thread. It often gets you a much faster response and it also allows other members who may have the same question as you to locate your thread and learn from it themselves! :)

SubGuy

New User
Zach
I need to stop reading half a thread then coming back to it to answer. I missed an entirely separate question.:eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS