How could you guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Send me home with such beautiful wood, geeze every other time I come home with crumbs. But this time, wow I came home with some awesome wood. Ok I admit, I was selfish, but only one the QS Black Locust, which I want to try and turn into a desk... But sending me home with awesome 8/4 red maple and 4/4 QSWO now that is a real treat - I thought you guys liked pretty wood? Odd as it may sound I rarely get to see what the lumber I cut looks like dressed up. That's why I like to see pictures of the stuff you guys make, so keep em coming...

Thanks

Attachments

• P1010008.jpg
    P1010008.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 185
  • P1010009.jpg
    P1010009.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 149
  • P1010010.jpg
    P1010010.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 156
J

jeff...

Hey Mike prcies are the same - although I should charge more for S2S...

Scott did a bang up job on drying the qs black locust - it's a flat as the day I sawed it and just as hard as I remember, about like a brick. What contrasting wood do ya'll think would go well with the qs black locust (third pic), it's about the color of a pumpkin with red and yellow streaks. FredP said I couldn't go wrong with black walnut. I'm thinking orange and black - halloween colors? What's your thoughts?

Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Hey Jeff,

I did my best to take it all off your hands, but that's all the wife would allow for now. Next time I may have to say no, or plead with the wife:eusa_pray. Anyway, the QSWO from this run, and the QSRO from last run are just beautiful:eusa_danc. Once again THANKS :eusa_clap.

Jimmy

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Jeff, I got my 8/4 maple and it is great looking stuff without dressing it. Unless the LOML has other plans for me, I will be turning some of it into sawdust this weekend. Who knows, maybe some spalted maple horses......

J

jeff...

Let me know how that lumber works out - I was bored so I ran a bunch through the 20" planer, it's some right pretty stuff. I'm thinking someone will be getting a wild maple bed one of these days.

Thanks Scott for doing a great job drying again... :icon_thum

cskipper

Cathy
We are putting money in the money pit (as LOML calls it) - gutted the bathroom. Money for pretrty wood may not be available for awhile.

Touchwood

New User
Don
Jeff,

Do you still have the board in the first picture?? I want it...!!!(please). Guess I better try finishing some of the spalted stuff, but I dont remember seeing anything like that picture at HF. :crybaby2:

Don

J

jeff...

Jeff,

Do you still have the board in the first picture?? I want it...!!!(please). Guess I better try finishing some of the spalted stuff, but I dont remember seeing anything like that picture at HF. :crybaby2:

Don

Don yes, I still have it - I'll set it aside for you - I know what the lumber looked like when I cut it off the log because it's wet. When Scott kiln dries it looks a lot different only because the dry roughness obscures the grain, planing and a quick shot of finish brings back the color I first seen when I cut the board off the log. All you gotta do is run those boards through the planer to clean up the roughness.

After kiln dry - I'm toying around with the idea of straight line ripping one edge and skip plan one side to dress the lumber up a bit before I sell it. This would mean a higher cost, due to machining and handling but might be a good service to provide and would give me a chance to cull out any bad lumber before I deliver it to sale - I don't know (thinking). If I did straight line and plan, ya'll could get a better idea how the lumber looks and spend less time machining it - still thinking... I could either skip plan one side, surface 1 side, skip both sides or surface 2 sides straight line rip would be nice too, that way ya'll would have one edge as a reference. I could also pull to length ie: a 8' board would be 8' instead of something over 8' like it is now. Thinking even more... when is enough, enough? :-?

Touchwood

New User
Don
Jeff,

After seeing your pics, I planed down the two we thought were bookmatched..and they arte-sort of..and wiped on a little Watco's Danish.. Just look at the grain and color. The other boards I have are much lighter in color...I'll do the same with them when I get a minute.

Attachments

• CIMG1569.jpg
    CIMG1569.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 145
  • CIMG1570.jpg
    CIMG1570.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG1571.jpg
    CIMG1571.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 167
  • CIMG1572.jpg
    CIMG1572.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 168
J

jeff...

Glad you got a hold of some curly boards, that should make something nice...

dave "dhi"

New User
Dave
jeff, u have a secret(or how u do it) on your straight line rips on rough stock??!! interested! thanks dave :eusa_thin

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Jeff that stock is absolutely gorgeous! I mean ALL of it looks great. :icon_thum

Good stuff. I wish I'd been able to take advantage of that offer...just need to clear out some of my stock to make room. Guess I need to build something, huh? :lol:

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS