Home Page Format

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPappas

New User
Bill
Is it possible to reformat the home page, is it a user controllable feature? It would be great to have the new threads take up the center 1/2 of the page and leave columns on each side for classifieds and commercial advertising.

ehpoole

Ethan
Unfortunately no, you will have to go to the What's New page to see the list of new threads.

It would be nice, but not practical with vBulletin, to have such functionality, though I shudder at the confusion it would likely create for many of our less technically savvy members.

ehpoole

Ethan
Bill,

Please make sure you use the following URL for your bookmark, not the URL that shows up in your browser's location bar after clicking on What's New. (You can also access the following URL by right-clicking on the What's New button in some browsers.)

What's New: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/search.php?do=getnew&contenttype=vBForum_Post

Edit: The displayed URL appears to get truncated, so right-click on the above URL to set your bookmark.

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy
Bless you for the detail - I am definitely one of the folks with less technical savvy. Would it be feasible to post that link somewhere for it is always "findable" in the future?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Bless you for the detail - I am definitely one of the folks with less technical savvy. Would it be feasible to post that link somewhere for it is always "findable" in the future?

Hi Cathy, there is a space in the tool bar just below the address bar in FF to place that link. I think IE has the same. Just copy and paste the link there :)

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cathy you should also be able to copy the link (highlight and then Ctrl-C) and then right click your NCWW book mark, go to Properties and paste the link (Ctrl-V) on the Location line.

ehpoole

Ethan

I would have to leave that to someone who has been around a bit longer than I, I'm really not certain where the best place to put such would be, but hopefully others will have ideas. We're starting to accumulate (IMHO) a few too many stickies in the Help Forum ... the existing stickies probably ought to be whittled down, condensed and updated one of these days.

I've been toying with the idea of possibly adding a few rewrite rules that might make the What's New page work a little more like I think it ought to, but I have not run the idea by others just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS