High/low Assembly Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
When I took a chair class at Woodguy's, John showed me an elevating assembly table he had built; very cool. I thought about doing the samebut never got around to it. While surfing Ebay, I found a lift table, and with the mere stroke of a key, I bought it at what I justified to myself as a great price. I built a top (4'x4') that fits over the table (20"x32") that is removable for easy storage and behold; my own version of an elevating assembly table. Hey John, it's even you favorite color blue - might have to spray it green as it plays havoc with the color coordination of the shop.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Dino :icon_thum
I was looking at a cheapo in a Harbor Freight flyer figuring there had to be someway to utilize it. :roll: If it had been Carolina Blue, I probably would have gone for it :lol:

Roger

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Great buy Dino! But I think you should get a motor for it :lol:

Pretty nice looking chair sitting on it too :icon_thum

P.S. - I'll be by this Sunday to check it out in person and pick up the Routershop :eusa_danc

pete

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I have considered doing something similar with the ones from Northern Handyman.

Did you or how did you fasten the top to the existing table?

Any regrets? Anything you would do differently?

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
The table has a rated lift capacity of 660 lbs. and is made by Bishamon. It is made very well and works like a charm. Looks it would pick twice its rated capacity. It was brand new but had been scratched in a few places on the table top; thus at a great price. The top I made is 1/2" birch ply and it just lays on the table and is held in place by the under support boards surrounding the table's edge. As you can see the top is cantalivered on three sides so I will drill a hole on each of those three sides through the under supports and the sides of the table and insert a pin to prevent any tilt. I made the top without too much thought trying not ot get it too heavy. Probally should have been made a bit more robust. The model of the lift is a BX and can be seen at
www.bishamon.com

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Scott!!!! the pain you are causing me! I wanty!!!! but don't think I should spend that kind of money right now:cry: considering my other equipment expenditures. You couldn't have held off on offering this for about a month, could you have????:roll: That will certainly make a great deal for someone:icon_thum

besides, I would probably have to paint it YorkCraft or Jet white:eusa_clap

MikeH

New User
Mike
well pete.
we can work something out.
i'm flexable on the price.
heres some pics and info.
manufactor T&S
load limit 1000 LBS
height is approx 36" raised and is adjustable
approx 6" at resting point
price $300 or make me an offer and come get it.
i have access of a tractor to load it up for you.

I think this post needs to be moved here. You will sell it a lot quicker than having it in the middle of another post.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
Ok, Pete, you're safe. My budget is overloaded thanks to Dino and John.

Dino, thanks for the idea. Your's looks good, but the chair doesn't look like it's changed much (don't worry, the only progress to mine is the front legs that Dave helped me turn. I have made some progress to the occasional chair-"no pictures, didn't happen")

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
I have two question: how does it handle downhill? how do you stop it?

Oh wait, I thought this was a pinebox derby entry...:eusa_doh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS