High Dust Alarm sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
A few weeks ago I posted that I could not find the sensor a few of us used in our DC high dust alarms I designed, so I thought it might no longer be available. I was in Lowes the other night and found a new rack of them!

If you plan to build my high dust alarm, the sensor you want is a Summit Lighting CP688 Replacement Universal Photo Eye. It works, when most other similar units don't, because it has an internal relay and no time delay. The packaging looks the same as the pic below.

HighDust-1.JPG

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks Alan, for a different kind of usage I was seeking a sensor minus the time delay and this one would do it .:wsmile: I found them in the local disorganized orange BORG buried by the ceiling fan hardware :eusa_doh:

M

McRabbet

I've found them in both Lowe's and the BORG in with the Yard Lamp accessories, but as Alan noted, this is the only one he (we) have found that does not have an optical delay circuit to compensate for short term illumination by vehicle headlights (those styles are usually found in the floodlight and security lighting aisles).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS