HF Quick Clamp - Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
So last week I ordered 5' of link belt for my table saw hoping to solve the issue with the table vibrating alot, especially during startup (and it DID!), and ordered a 12" quick clamp on a whim...I used a coupon for it, which made it free, plus a 20% off coupon which more than covered shipping.

Well, used it today, and was tightening it down on a broken board I was gluing, and it broke already. Took it apart, and the plastic know that the trigger pivots on sheared off.

Since it didn't cost me a thin, and was valued online at $2.99....it would cost me more in gas to take it to the HF store in N Durham.

Just thought I'd share...if you see them on sale...stay away!!

~Jeff

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
If you ordered the link-belt from HF, you could have bought at the Durham
store.

Agree that the that quick clamp is a joke, I bought 2 when it was first available,
and found that during the first use. It might be useful for craft (toy car, etc.)
but simply lacks for ww.

Regards.

Pinwu

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Yup, the reason they're called Quick Clamps is because they break quickly. Definitely not one of their gems.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I still have some of those clamps left. I think I got all of them with the free coupons. For the price, they are a great disposable clamp. Usually provide just enough force to hold something in place long enough for me to get one of my real clamps locked down. If you apply too much force (enough to be useful), it will break. If I remember correctly, the fixed jaw snapped off the bar for all of mine that broke.

When the last one breaks, I'll get some quality quick clamps, unless I get more free coupons. :gar-Bi

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
Sooner or later the tide will have turn on cheap made across the pond crap.

I'm finding it very challenging finding guitar binding - it's just thin acetate strips - you wouldn't think it would be so hard to find it Made in USA but it is - my goal for the bass build is 100% Made in USA including the glue, so far only the binding it proving difficult to find.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
Sooner or later the tide will have turn on cheap made across the pond crap.

I'm finding it very challenging finding guitar binding - it's just thin acetate strips - you wouldn't think it would be so hard to find it Made in USA but it is - my goal for the bass build is 100% Made in USA including the glue, so far only the binding it proving difficult to find.

Good for you Jeff! We need a nationwide rally with this mindset to get things turned right side up!!

bobby g

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS