HF Digital Angle Gauge. Anyone used one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpw

New User
Charles
Has anyone used this Angle Gauge from Harbor Freight? Is it accurate? Can it be zeroed out against any surface like a Wixey? Or should I just wait for the Wixey to go on sale again?

95998.gif

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Charles,

If the price is really good, buy one and then visit someone with a Wixey to verify the accuracy. I'd love to hear if a low cost alternative is worth buying.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
Good question Charles :eusa_thin
Hartville Tool is advertising the Wixey for $31.98. However, that doesn't include taxes and shipping. Item No. 99808

Roger

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
At just over $30, the Wixey isn't all that costly... considering a correct angle might keep you from the mis-cut that causes you to toss some expensive hardwood.

Since I don't have one, I just don't know... how accurate are they?

Ray

cpw

New User
Charles
Charles,

If the price is really good, buy one and then visit someone with a Wixey to verify the accuracy. I'd love to hear if a low cost alternative is worth buying.

Ray

I was just comparing the literature on both and Wixey says that their's is accurate to +/- 0.1 degrees and HF says +/- 0.3 degrees. Both sound sloppier that I'd like, but for my money I'd rather have 1/3 the slop. Rockler had Wixey's on sale for $29.99 before Christmas and the HF is $24.95. For $5 difference, I think I'll wait for the next sale.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I was just comparing the literature on both and Wixey says that their's is accurate to +/- 0.1 degrees and HF says +/- 0.3 degrees. Both sound sloppier that I'd like, but for my money I'd rather have 1/3 the slop. Rockler had Wixey's on sale for $29.99 before Christmas and the HF is $24.95. For $5 difference, I think I'll wait for the next sale.

ahhhh..... a smart man you are!:icon_thum I have never found harbor fright and accuracy on the same page [or the same book for that matter! ] better is allways worth the wait.:-D

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Probably made in the same factory.

What I like is the hold feature, although I doubt you could press the button without changing the angle, these things are just too sensitive. I really like the hold on my moisture meter- I can reach into a stack, hit hold, and withdraw the meter to read it. The last HF digital caliper I bought crapped out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS