Help Wanted

gator

George
Corporate Member
Long time member (member #1 as a matter of fact) who has gotten too old. Due to health reasons I can no longer spend time/effort in the shop. I have 6 (5 side and 1 arm) 60+ year old dining room chairs that have developed loose joints. I am looking for someone to separate, clean out, and Reglue the joints. For now just looking for a ballpark guesstimate for budgetary purposes. Will probably have done within next six months. I can deliver when we pull the plug. I am in Oxford so someone reasonably would be preferred. You can private message me on the forum.
Thanks
George (aka Gator)

Attachments

• A3FFA53C-02E7-44C5-8963-4F8B44038ED7.jpeg
    A3FFA53C-02E7-44C5-8963-4F8B44038ED7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 103
  • 996E19BC-982F-4FF7-847C-013A4081AB16.jpeg
    996E19BC-982F-4FF7-847C-013A4081AB16.jpeg
    957 KB · Views: 104

gator

George
Corporate Member
Back to the top once, just in case anyone missed the original. I really hate to take advantage of Mike.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike, thank you for posting pics of your clamping jigs...it is good to see how a true craftsman approaches the task!
I don’t know about true craftsman. The clamps were slipping off so I had to do something and that’s what I came up with at the time.

A true craftsman may have done something better.

iclark

Ivan
User
"True Craftsman" or not, modesty and taking care of one's fellow woodworker = priceless.

and, thanks for teaching me how to address that challenge.

andrew@carolinafarmstead

New User
Andrew at CFS
I don’t know about true craftsman. The clamps were slipping off so I had to do something and that’s what I came up with at the time.

A true craftsman may have done something better.
I don't think they could gave done better. Cauls are the way to go in that situation. The only other thing(s) I can think of are straps, or saran wrap.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS