Help wanted in Raleigh area this Friday

Roger45

Roger
Corporate Member
Looking for help and suggestions on loading a Saw Stop table saw in to the back of a pickup. Donation to NCWW will be of course provided for help or if someone has any idea for hiring a couple strong backs. Thanks

JRedding

John
Corporate Member
When I moved mine (and some other tools) I rented a trailer from U-Haul with a fold-down gate and laid some plywood down on the gate. Loaded each tool on Harbor Freight furniture dolly (maybe 2 for the saw?) to get it in. A lot easier than trying to lift and using the dolly allowed me to just tilt and get the dolly under it lifting one side at a time. Then just rolled it on, though had to lift the leading end a couple inches to get it onto the plywood ramp. The U-Haul trailers also have great tie downs and I think cost around $20 for the day.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Looking for help and suggestions on loading a Saw Stop table saw in to the back of a pickup. Donation to NCWW will be of course provided for help or if someone has any idea for hiring a couple strong backs. Thanks
Might be worth a few bucks to rent a trailer from U-Haul, so you just need to get it in a trailer. (what John said above, LOL he typed faster than me)

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
What they said - even better, if you can find a Penske rental facility, they have trucks w/ lift gates. It’s a bigger truck, but you’re not fighting gravity, even w/ a short ramp. Alt, if you take the table off, a table saw is light enough to handle w/ a dolly.

MikeMen

Mike
Senior User
Recently moved a Powermatic 2000. Removed fence and table extensions (to get through doorway). Then removed the main table (4 bolts). Remaining piece light enough to move with basic hand cart up hill from walk out basement and onto a trailer with 2 backs. Doesn't matter whether 36 or 52" since fence and tables removed.

Don't know the particulars of either location you are moving to/from or the distance between them, but in the past I have had success calling a towing company and requesting they bring a rollback truck. The bed can be lowered to ground level, the saw can be winched onto the bed and tied off, and the bed can be lowered to the ground to remove the saw. If the saw is on a pallet, so much the better. I have also had machines loaded onto my pickup FOB from a warehouse, and had the rollback get it out of my truck, and lower it to ground in front of the overhead door opening to my shop. No help required, you could go it alone.

Disassembly as mentioned above makes light work of it, two people can move it almost anywhere with a pickup truck.

Hope this helps.
Tone

MarkDarby

Mark
Corporate Member
What time will you be loading / unloading -- and where? I'll be traveling back from Asheville that morning but could help in the afternoon.

Roger45

Roger
Corporate Member
Not far from Crabtree Valley Mall.
I can handle lifting I just need 1 or 2 more person to help load

Last edited by a moderator:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors