Help moving a shed

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
Looking for someone to help me move a shed about 35' on my property, its about 10×12. Was hoping to do this with some pipes and roll down the small slope to its final spot. 20230617_164304.jpg20230618_093817.jpg

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
My neighbor and I moved his chicken coop with schedule 40 4" pipe and a floor jack.
Once you get it on enough pipe. It rolls very easy.

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
My problem is the "and I" I'm old and not very spriy any more. Health issues.

Last edited:

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
Moved one similar used 4" round fence post , but pvc pipe works too . 3 people 2 to push 1 to move poles or pipes as travels. Small tractor or even truck even easier.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Is the shed empty?

If it is and it's on relatively level ground the whole distance of the move, a jack or pry bar to lift the shed onto the first pipe and then 3 or more lengths of 3" or 4" PVC pipe the width or more of the shed, plus 2-3 adult men should be all you need. One person moves the pipes back to front while others move the building, keeping it on at least 2 pipes the whole move. As the building rolls off each pipe, the pipe mover relocates the pipe to the front of the building and then the building is moved forward again, keeping it on at least two pipes the whole way.

I live in Kannapolis near Lake Concord, but I'm 81 and have too much wrong with me to be of much help, but I have moved small buildings like this several times in my life, even doing it alone. It's easy if conditions are right and you plan the path and equipment needed well.

Then there's the Amish way

Charley

AgingHippie

New User
Greg
If the shed is on proper skids, and the skids are not too far apart, you might be able to use a towing company with a roll-back wrecker. That’s how I moved my shed, but it was only 8 feet wide. It cost $100 and I didn’t break a sweat or hurt my back!

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
Is the shed empty?

If it is and it's on relatively level ground the whole distance of the move, a jack or pry bar to lift the shed onto the first pipe and then 3 or more lengths of 3" or 4" PVC pipe the width or more of the shed, plus 2-3 adult men should be all you need. One person moves the pipes back to front while others move the building, keeping it on at least 2 pipes the whole move. As the building rolls off each pipe, the pipe mover relocates the pipe to the front of the building and then the building is moved forward again, keeping it on at least two pipes the whole way.

I live in Kannapolis near Lake Concord, but I'm 81 and have too much wrong with me to be of much help, but I have moved small buildings like this several times in my life, even doing it alone. It's easy if conditions are right and you plan the path and equipment needed well.

Then there's the Amish way

Charley
Thank you, I have watched a bunch of videos showing the procedure and my only difficulty is that it is going down a smaller slope but afraid of it running away.

Silas B

New User
Silas
contact us if you need shed moving professionals!

Attachments

• 248080063_997699244421576_8244582584058256062_n.jpg
    248080063_997699244421576_8244582584058256062_n.jpg
    927.3 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS