Votes: 18 41.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Well folks-------I am trying to decide which image to enter for the calendar contest. If I enter only one image I will not have any split voting on my entry. If I can figure out how to do the poll thing that is.

So-------below are the two images I am considering (already posted in the contest gallery BTW). I will delete one of them before voting starts if I get a decent response on this "poll".

Will it be the settee or the bud vases?

Thanks to those that take time to help me decide!!

Jerry

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Both projects and pictures are outstanding!!! The only reason I choose the settee is it shows more of your craftsmanship.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jerry, good job on the thread. I voted for the bud vases, because I think that the picture has better composure...it just looks cooler IMO (and my wive's)
The sette is a fine piece of workmanship and very beautiful in it's own rights but the bud vases are just plain cool projects and the actual picture is more artistic.
Dave:)

childe

New User
Chris
I'll have to admit that I respect the craftsmanship of the sette, but the vases are a work in their own right. I'ts really a contrast of what wood is to us, and what we see beyond the trees.:eusa_thin

Chris.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I agree with everyone, in that they are both beautiful pieces:eusa_clap I chose the bud vases because of the contrast in the finished/unfinished look, as well as the overall "artistic" composure of the picture. It will look great on the calendar:icon_thum.
Take care,

sapwood

New User
Roger
:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: I can't decide. As others noted, the sette reflects quality and skill, but the composition and color of the bud vases make a striking photo.

Awesome stuff Jerry, and what a terrible dilemma to have :lol:

Roger

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Well, looks like NCWW is split on the matter. In that case, I'd go with the settee - it's bigger. Size usually helps settle an argument.

Bas.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Jerry,
Both are beautiful works of craftsmanship and you did an excellent job is showing there beauty. I chose the vases as it shows your reflection of wood in your design. Good Job Jerry! Terry:eusa_clap:eusa_danc

M

McRabbet

While I agree that both are very worthy entries (I have the same problem that you do with my two projects I've entered), I voted for the setee because I think it represents a significantly higher level of skill in both design and execution. It is beautiful, but the picture could be better (hint -- take it to Hickory and get Monty to photograph it for you.)

nelsone

New User
Ed
Tough choice! I went for the bud vases. I like the composition. I think the simplicity speaks quite well about a piece of wood can become a thing of beauty and how you have to look beyond the rough exterior to see the beauty inside. Kind of a metaphor for some of us, we're really pretty good people once you get past the rough exterior!:lol:

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Jerry,

Very tough decision here. I voted for the settee but I really like the bud vases. Got time to build some stands and combine the two?

Rick Doby

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Jerry,

Very tough decision here. I voted for the settee but I really like the bud vases. Got time to build some stands and combine the two?

Rick Doby

:rolf: no time for stands Rick. Just finishing up an order of kaleidoscope tubes and then I have that pile of dogwood to get 5 jewelery boxes out of before Christmas staring me in the face .

The replies have been great-------and they echo a lot of my own feelings. Still a few days before making the decision.

Jerry:)

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Well folks------------there is absolutely no reason for this post except to keep the "poll" on the home page for a couple more days until it closes. I am hoping to get a few more participants in the voting.

It is still a close call---------settee just barely leading.

Thanks for all the comments and opinions!!

Jerry

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
common folks vote smart and vote often!:rolf: sorry wont let me vote again!:roll::-D

fred

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS