Hello to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

New User
Russell
I located this site after watching a news report about your group. My wife and I have recently relocated here from Kansas and look forward to meeting you all. I have been an avid wood worker for about 20 years, but still always learning. I enjoy making Arts & Crafts style furniture as well as pen and bowl turning. If you can make it in wood, I am willing to try. I have found a much greater supply of wood here in NC than in Kansas, which is a big plus. I am just putting the finishing touches on a dedicated wood shop and am anxious to start moving everything in. Great to find you all and I hope to meet and learn from some of NC's finest!:icon_thum Russell

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Welcome Russell.

I haven't heard anything about a news report before, where was that?

If we can help in any way please let us know.

Oh, I just noticed you are very near my work. I'm near the Farmer's market off I-20.

We have a lunch meeting at the Moose cafe tomorrow at 11:30, stop by if you have time.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Russell. As Mike Davis mentioned above, a group of us will be meeting for our informal monthly lunch tomorrow (16th), 11:30 at The Moose Cafe. The Moose is located at the Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market, off Sandy Ridge Rd. When you enter the restaurant, turn to your right. We will either be in the first dining area, or in the back room.

Russell

New User
Russell
Hey Mike, Actually you are correct. The news article was about the Woodworkers Co-Op in Greensboro. This report led me to search out woodworkers in the area and my Wife found this site while searching. Sorry for the confusion. Thank you for the information about the lunch. I work at the airport which is close by. We'll have to see how my schedule goes.

Russell

New User
Russell
Hello Bryan, Thank you for the upload information. I will see if I can upload some of my past projects.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Russel to the best sawdust pile on the net. Please share your projects with pics

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Welcome Russel. Spent 6 years in Wichita and it seems that much driving hours in search of wood.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You sure are right about the wood supply in Kansas Russell. Is there any other state that has a county by the name of Post Rock? Cut stone was used there for fence posts because there were no trees to make fence posts from. The durability of those rock fence posts is still very evident when driving I-70 through that part of Kansas. We're glad you're and hope to see many pictures of your work.:icon_thum

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome to one of the friendliest websites in the region. Ask questions and give advice when you have it. And I think somebody mentioned we like pictures. If that's your shop in your avatar then it seems to be coming along nicely. Hope you'll make it to the lunch there as there's usually a great group of woodworkers that show up each month there and the food's pretty good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors