Hello from transplant Joe Lyddon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Hi All, :hello:

I'm a transplant from California... the other coast. :)

Thanks to Steve Coles, I'm here from his Woodworking-Galleries.org site which is being moved. :-D

I saw & liked this Forum months ago and was disappointed :cry: when I couldn't become a member due to the resident requirement...

I now rejoice :hello2: :-D
... that I'm now a member!

I'm a retired computer consultant who is now interested in ONLY non stress activity. Before I retired from the hussle & bussle, I was popping Rolaids all day long ++ to keep my stomach under control... ever since being retired AND going through a stressful experience with stocks, futures, etc. and health issues, and getting back into woodworking, I haven't popped a Rolaid in months / years! :hello2:

I look forward to learning (and teaching) here and having a good time.

The main thing, to me, is to have fun!

Thank you,
Joe Lyddon
WoodWorkStuff by Joe Lyddon

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Joe, I think that you will find that this is a place where you can "Have fun".
Good to see you around again!

Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Joe!
No fun allowed during work hours ;-)

Another low stress retiree :mrgreen:
Roger

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Chris,

Yep, my website is just a collection of things I like and want to be able to get at when I want to...

Have fun browsing... I'm sure you (& all) will enjoy it.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Hi Joe,

Welcome to the NC Woodworkers site and hope you enjoy your time with us. I was checking ylour site so will make this short as I have found somethiong I want. Good Site Joe and now back to your site. Terry

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the NC Woodworkers, Joe. Glad you could join us.

Rob

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Welcome Joe! Excellent website and disturbing story about your gut. Sorry you and your family had to go through all of that! Very happy you were able to turn that situation into something positive.

Just a little grammar/vocabulary/social studies lesson..."I'm sure you (& all) will enjoy it." would be said: I'm sure y'all will enjoy it or (if you're from the western part of NC) I'm sure you'ins will enjoy it. The plural possessive form is yallsin's or yurns's.:lol:
Mark

J

jeff...

Welcome Joe! Excellent website and disturbing story about your gut. Sorry you and your family had to go through all of that! Very happy you were able to turn that situation into something positive.

Just a little grammar/vocabulary/social studies lesson..."I'm sure you (& all) will enjoy it." would be said: I'm sure y'all will enjoy it or (if you're from the western part of NC) I'm sure you'ins will enjoy it. The plural possessive form is yallsin's or yurns's.:lol:
Mark

Mark - you'll have him eatin fried cornbread and drinkin sweet tea in no time :slap:.

Welcome Joe

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon

Mark

Hi Tarhead

Yep, you got me... That happened because when I was typing, I thought I was just talking to who I was replying to... then, as an after-thought, I didn't want to leave anyone out... hence, my error... :)

If I had been yakin to y'all, I'm sure I would've used it... :)

I thank you for the grammar lesson though... I appreciate it.

Oh, I thank God at least three times a day for getting us all through that experience... I know, beyond any shadow of a doubt, that I would not be here now if it hadn't been for the Big Guy's help... and I am very thankful and I Thank him accordingly. The very best friend I have! :hello2:

Thanks again...

Last edited:

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Hi all...

I keep getting this note telling me that I haven't posted yet...

Y'all know that's not true...

I'm just trying to post here again to hopefully let the system know that I HAVE posted.

If this doesn't fix it, I guess I'll have to try another thread... if that doesn't work, I guess I'll have to ask Steve...

This is sure a nice site...

BTW, my picture gallery is now all setup... not much there... but a little... I have more to add but it requires a lot of work to get pics ready, etc. Someday I'll get to it.

Thank y'all for being here.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Hi all...

I keep getting this note telling me that I haven't posted yet...

Y'all know that's not true...

That is interesting, I know that you have contributed more than just 3 posts/replies. I wonder what is going on :icon_scra Do you have a double identity??:lol: :lol:
Might consider posting about this in the Problems and Bugs forum so the computer smart folks can look into it.

Dave:)

JohnW

New User
John
:icon_scra Do you have a double identity??:lol: :lol:
Dave:)[/quote]

Dave...take a look at Joe's avitar....He and Sam are practically twins.:)

Welcome Joe. Glad you joined us.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
I don't think Sam would like that remark...

I think he's about 20 years older than I am... :)

Me look like him? . . . Nope... not a chance... :)

Thank you.

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome Joe! That's an amazing story. Please forgive us if we pick on you non-southern vocabulary. Yakin? Seriously, glad you have survived and are in a Rolaid-free zone.

Joe Lyddon

New User
Joe Lyddon
Welcome Joe! That's an amazing story. Please forgive us if we pick on you non-southern vocabulary. Yakin? Seriously, glad you have survived and are in a Rolaid-free zone.

cathy,

please correct me... s/b yackin? How would you say gabbing / talking / yacking / etc. shootin the bull? :) :) :slap:

'pick' on me any way you want...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS