Hello from the 'Quay

Madmaxnkitty

New User
Rick
Hi Folks!

My Grandfather was a woodworker, and the recent unpleasantness has given me some time to try my hand at it.

Pleasure to be here!

-Lance

Attachments

• 20211215_184117.jpg
    20211215_184117.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 125

Madmaxnkitty

New User
Rick
That's my fault; I'll respond to either, but I often have difficulty ordering food and things with my given name, Lance, so I'll use my nick, Rick.

Thanks for the good tidings, all!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome and thanks for the laugh (nick-Rick) must be tired this morning since I found that so funny.

SO many people have taken up a craft during the pandemic, maybe that is something good that has come from all this mess! Anyway, I tell everyone you get out of NCWW what you put in... Meaning ask a question when you have one - there are NO dumb questions, if you have one, someone else does too, so you help them by asking and there is likely someone here who has gone through and likely has the answer... be patient NCWW isn't like Google where you get 100,000 answers immediately, BUT the answers that come are GOLD!

BTW NICE cutting boards!

Madmaxnkitty

New User
Rick
It's not so crazy a thing to laugh at; you should see the looks I get around the 'office' when I order food as Rick!

End-grain cutting boards have been my bread and butter so far, but I recently saw someone make a hardwood long-bow and thought..."how hard can that be?"

That's how it always starts, eh?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
So as Paul Harvey Sez...
Now the rest of the story...

Recently at work I was given access to a system and I had to be "approved" I told our trainer I was having trouble getting in...
She said let me take a look... well that is because you were denied access from the approver, let me talk to her...
She got back to me shortly since the approver sits across from my cubicle (which I didn't know)
Lizzy (our trainer) said: "Adrianna, I want you to meet Hank"
Adrianna said I know him,
So Lizzy says: "So why did you deny him access to the system?"
Adrianna said, I didn't
Lizzy said yes you did, "we did our training this morning and you approved everyone except Hank"
Adrianna - I never got a request... but let me take a look
Lizzy: "Well that is weird"
Adrianna "I only denied somebody name Henry"

Many of you know my given name is Henry, I choose Hank in High school and was able to make it stick...
But every once in a while it bites me in the butt!!!

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
So as Paul Harvey Sez...
Now the rest of the story...

Recently at work I was given access to a system and I had to be "approved" I told our trainer I was having trouble getting in...
She said let me take a look... well that is because you were denied access from the approver, let me talk to her...
She got back to me shortly since the approver sits across from my cubicle (which I didn't know)
Lizzy (our trainer) said: "Adrianna, I want you to meet Hank"
Adrianna said I know him,
So Lizzy says: "So why did you deny him access to the system?"
Adrianna said, I didn't
Lizzy said yes you did, "we did our training this morning and you approved everyone except Hank"
Adrianna - I never got a request... but let me take a look
Lizzy: "Well that is weird"
Adrianna "I only denied somebody name Henry"

Many of you know my given name is Henry, I choose Hank in High school and was able to make it stick...
But every once in a while it bites me in the butt!!!
Me thinks Adrianna knew you were an "old dog" and she was covering her A....

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS