Hello from Randleman

Magnus33

New User
Magnus
Hello everyone. I am glad I came across this group, you all seem super friendly and knowledgeable.

I have been learning various types of woodworking for the last 5ish years and have finally found a passion in woodturning. Don’t get me wrong, I love it all, but there is just something about the lathe that calms the mind. This calm is something that is very welcome since I work in finance and the state of the economy is stressful to say the least.

I look forward to getting to know many of you! Thanks for letting me become a part of your community!

Steve Martin

New User
Steve Martin
Hello everyone. I am glad I came across this group, you all seem super friendly and knowledgeable.

I have been learning various types of woodworking for the last 5ish years and have finally found a passion in woodturning. Don’t get me wrong, I love it all, but there is just something about the lathe that calms the mind. This calm is something that is very welcome since I work in finance and the state of the economy is stressful to say the least.

I look forward to getting to know many of you! Thanks for letting me become a part of your community!
Welcome! Hope you continue to enjoy our discussions. I also belong to the Southern Piedmont Woodturners in Concord. In addition to our club meetings, we developed a ZOOM program for the COVID seclusion and are going to continue it for members who can't make a meeting. We would love to have you visit us at our next meeting on the 15th, the 2nd Tuesday of each month. we also have a web site where you can get the link to our Zoom program. There is also a club in Greensboro and another in Chapel Hill and Raleigh. I am sure either of these clubs would welcome your visit and possible membership. You can get more information about all clubs by visiting the site of the American Association of Woodturners (AAW). Send a PM if you want more info. Once again Welcome.

NCJim

Jim
User

Hey Neighbor,
I also live in Randleman. Moved here a little over a year ago. I do some pen turning but would like to expand into bigger "stuff".

Magnus33

New User
Magnus
Hey Neighbor,
I also live in Randleman. Moved here a little over a year ago. I do some pen turning but would like to expand into bigger "stuff".
I moved here January ‘21, so still getting used to being 20 minutes from everything, lol. That’s how I got started, I still love to turn the occasional pen. Glad to meet a local turning buddy!

NCJim

Jim
User
I moved here January ‘21, so still getting used to being 20 minutes from everything, lol. That’s how I got started, I still love to turn the occasional pen. Glad to meet a local turning buddy!
Maybe get together for coffee some day? We are leaving for vacation Sunday, back in two or three weeks. Going to Palm Beech, Fl. to visit kids & grandkids. May do some "fishin" too.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS