Hello Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed D

New User
Ed
[FONT=&quot]I have been a member here for a while, introduced myself when I joined, but have never posted much. I met Rich Beaudry (Richlife) a couple of weeks ago when I sold him my saw. Rich is a terrific guy. When I read his subsequent post, it got me to thinking. It is sad that I have access to this wonderful community of folks with so many common interests, but I don't participate. This is not a dress rehearsal. I feel like I know many of you, but you have no idea who I am, and it is definitely my loss. I am really missing out. So, here goes...

I am retired and live in Salisbury. I have a workshop in a walkout basement that I love, and am constantly trying to improve. I have wide ranging interests in all types of woodworking and have been a hobbiest for over 40 years. I sold my saw to Rich to help defray the costs of restoring this Unisaw:

With Fence-1.jpg [/FONT]

With Fence-2.jpg

It is a 1953 model that the previous owner bought from a Maryland school district in 1980. I don't have any before pix, but suffice it to say that the cabinet was pretty rusty, numerous mounting holes for unknown equipment, no fence, and the motor did not work. It is my first shot at any machine restoration, and I found that I enjoy it very much. Many thanks to Tom Wassack, a member here, for his advice, encouragement, and help with the motor. I also spent a LOT of time at OWWM.org and the sister site Vintage Machinery. Those sites are a wealth of information regarding old machinery restoration. The saw runs well, passes the nickel test, and is my user.

Anyway.......I am happy to be here, and am happy to answer any questions re the saw. I will be participating more in the forums when I think I have something worthwhile to contribute.

Thanks for the reality check Rich, and for the push. Ed

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Welcome, again, Ed. Glad you have decided to get more involved in the site. The restoration on the Unisaw looks great. :icon_thum I have a 1982 model I bought used. Since it worked fine the first time I plugged it in I haven't done any restoration. Maybe one day.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
BEAUTIFUL restoration Ed.

Look forward to meeting you in person someday soon - but for now - see you on-line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS