Has anyone used beeswax for a table finish ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy E.

New User
Andy
I was wondering if anyone on the site has used bee's wax for a finish for a table before ? I have used a bee's wax linseed oil combo before. But not just bee's wax. Anyone used it before ?? Thanks in advance !

Jeff

New User
Jeff
What kind of table and what kind of exposure does it get in everyday use?

I've used beeswax and carnauba wax dissolved in MS or turpentine but it's not an everyday "go to" finish for a real finish.

Andy E.

New User
Andy
This is going to be for a coffee table, but most of what I have read is a Bee's wax combo with something else, doesn't hold up to everyday use.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
This is going to be for a coffee table, but most of what I have read is a Bee's wax combo with something else, doesn't hold up to everyday use.

What is the "something else" and where'd you read this gobbledy-gook about the finish? I doubt that pure beeswax is any better than it and "something else".

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'll repeat the question

What is the "something else" and where'd you read this gobbledy-gook about the finish? I doubt that pure beeswax is any better than it and "something else"?

Linseed oil or tung oil by themselves aren't very durable period! However, they often are used in combination with a varnish for better protection and durability.

https://www.thewoodwhisperer.com/articles/make-your-own-oil-varnish-blend/

Wyatt Co.

New User
Bill
Yeah, Tung oil sucks yet you push Waterlox as if you were paid for it. Do you know what it's base is? Do you know what the Chinese have used for HUNDREDS of years?

Jeebus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS