Harvey Bandsaw

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Stuart Kent was kind in letting me use one his bandsaws this morning. It was a Harvey. Not sure which model but it doesn't show up on their webpage, black with gold trim. If I remember correctly, Stuart got this saw 2 years ago and it was the first one to land in the US - almost a pre-production model. Having run it briefly, I found it to be well-powered, sturdy, no noticeable vibration (with a used 3/4" blade), CI wheels, foot brake, etc., and "It will cut." as they say on Forged in Fire.

I'm always curious how long bandsaw wheels turn after powering down. The Harvey was excellent! Setting the guides was slightly more annoying than setting them on a Hammer, again, my opinion. It had bearing guides up and down, all three positions. The backs were grooved on uppers and lowers - like Carter guides. The side bearings were interesting, I thought, two per side, uppers and lowers. But, I don't have any experience with roller guides.

The Harvey has an added safety on the lower blade guard that extends from the lower wheel cover to the bottom of the guides/table. Needed help with that last one.

If you are in the market for a bandsaw, the Harvey's are worth considering, IMHO. I'm pretty sure Stuart has an Harvey Ambassador bandsaw also - I have no time on that one.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry, I'm not a Harvey sales/technical rep. Just a one time user giving my reactions. However, this page: Band Saws
shows two bandsaws each spec'd with 3HP motors.

Call Stuart. He knows the Harvey head person.

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS