Harpsichord Project E-Book is ONLINE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to update all of you who followed the Harpsichord Project on these pages. Thanks to the encouragement and urging from many of you, the series is now an e-book. My original 27 part series has been expanded to 37 chapters, 950 pages, and over 850 photos and illustrations. I've started a new web site devoted solely to this book. It's been on line for two days and I've already sold the first copy which exceeds my sales projection for the year.:wsmile:

Thank you all for helping make this book possible.

Ernie

hp2.JPG

hp1.JPG

DIYGUY

New User
Mark
You have my admiration all around - it is hard enough to create something in wood, let alone in print. I hope your gift to the community continues rewarding you for your talent and your efforts to share your knowledge and hard-won experience. Best of luck!!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I think this is fantastic! What's really cool is that the technology let's just about anyone create an entire book with pictures and videos and put it on your very own web site. The only real requirement is having some talent :) Don't forget to ask anyone who builds an instrument based on your book to send you pictures....

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Thanks to everyone for your good wishes.

Bas - I couldn't agree more - the technology is amazing. Even more amazing is the fact that the technology allows a person who has only moderate computer savvy, like me, to figure out how to use it. I think it's quite a feat that they were able to make this complex technology understandable (with some effort) to the average harpsichord builder.:gar-Bi

Ernie

I think this is fantastic! What's really cool is that the technology let's just about anyone create an entire book with pictures and videos and put it on your very own web site. The only real requirement is having some talent :) Don't forget to ask anyone who builds an instrument based on your book to send you pictures....

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Ernie - "the average harpsichord builder" !:icon_scra
I don't think any harpsichord builder is average!

Best of luck with the book (and your future harpsichords).
Which was more work, building one or writing the book? :wink_smil

pete

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Ernie - "the average harpsichord builder" !:icon_scra
I don't think any harpsichord builder is average!

Best of luck with the book (and your future harpsichords).
Which was more work, building one or writing the book? :wink_smil

pete

Pete

Writing the book took longer - building the instrument was more fun!

Ernie

mlzettl

Matt
Corporate Member
Ernie,

You never cease to amaze. Your woodworking skills, computer savvy, and artistic ability are matched only by your humility. The only question I have is how does someone get a signed copy of an e-book? Maybe you could have an online book signing some evening. Somewhere, someone has figured out a way to do this, I'm sure.

Matt

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Hi Matt,

If you want a signed copy of the book, simply sign the copy I gave you.:rotflm:

Ernie

Ernie,

You never cease to amaze. Your woodworking skills, computer savvy, and artistic ability are matched only by your humility. The only question I have is how does someone get a signed copy of an e-book? Maybe you could have an online book signing some evening. Somewhere, someone has figured out a way to do this, I'm sure.

Matt

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome Ernie, now I have a place to send the hordes of folks from all over the world trying to register on this site just to get your Harpsichord information. Based on the interest I have seen on this site your E-book should be a top seller.

Dave:)

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Awesome Ernie, now I have a place to send the hordes of folks from all over the world trying to register on this site just to get your Harpsichord information. Based on the interest I have seen on this site your E-book should be a top seller.

Dave:)

Thanks Dave - I hear there may be as many as 7 people worldwide who want to build their own harpsichord. My goal is to sell a book to at least half of them.:rotflm:

Ernie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS