Hardwoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgewood

New User
Pete
New to the area and looking for a few places to get hardwood and plywood is the Clayton area or relatively close?
Thanks

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Hey pete, look in the navigation bar under woodworking in NC. for wood suppliers. I am sure that some of the local folks in Clayton will chime in soon with a better suggestion, but this should get you started.

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
I can't help much with a supplier near you, but please stop by our "Who We Are" forum and introduce your self! We love welcoming new members.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Pete, glad to have another Clayton-ite aboard. What exactly are you looking for and how much. That will make a big difference in your choice of where to get it. There are at least 8 good sources within a 30 mile driving radius of Clayton. Our Wood Supplier List is a great place to start http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/view.php?pg=woodlist
And then there is always the local sawyers, my personal choice http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/view.php?pg=sawyers

And then if it's just a small amount check with your local members...some of us have more wood than we know what to do with :gar-La;

I personally recommend Klingspor for small quantities of hardwood. East Wake Hardwoods is another great source. For good ply and S4S stock the Worth Group (AKA Raleigh Hardwoods) off Poole Rd. is a great bet. For larger orders you can't beat Jackson International at the 42/55/401 intersection, or McEwen Hardwoods near 70 & 40. Then there is Horizon Forest Products for corporate type purchases. The wood is out there, just waiting to be turned to dust.

HTH,
Dave:)

Edgewood

New User
Pete
Tracy - Thanks, that link made it easy!

Phillip - On my way ...

Dave - The "personal recommendation" is what I was after ... thanks.

Cabinets and more cabinets ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS