Hardwood store sharpening

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Just noticed they advertise sharpening. Anyone ever use them? Results?

Checking prices for my workbench material. Was thinking yellow pine but Ash is not much more and a lot denser.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
So far, I have tried three vendors, they all give good service. But on a high end expensive blade, which gives a jointer quality cut with no blade marks showing, I have had no luck. After sharpening they all cut like butter, real great and sharp, but there are visible blade marks on the cut. I am resorting to using the sharpened blades for the rough stuff and keep my high end more expensive new blades for the fine work.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Just noticed they advertise sharpening. Anyone ever use them? Results?

Checking prices for my workbench material. Was thinking yellow pine but Ash is not much more and a lot denser.

Do they actually do the sharpening on site, or do they have someone else who does it? Did they give you the name of the actual sharpener? I use a guy (Al Freitas) who lives just south of there. He may be who they are using. If so, I've been very satisfied w/ his work and prices.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Can he correct a warp? I have an almost new 80 tooth Amana with excessive runout.

I don't know. Never had that problem. Give him a call at 336-380-2615 or 336-565-8028. Incidentally, he also does jointer knives, router bits, and band saw blades.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS