Happy Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
I decided this morning to go to Jordan Lake and find out where I was going on the 13th. On our trip to Jordan we ran across a Yard Sale which had a 10" Craftsmans Radial Arm Saw Model#: 113.23100. (1975 Era). The cord was duct taped so I figured it had been through the ringer. I asked the owner what he wanted for it and he told me he had never used it and didn't plan on ever using it and if I wanted it he would help me load it. So we loaded it along with the stand and top. I tried to give him something for it but he refused. I bought it home pluged it in and it works! So the trip was worth it all. I even found the manual for it tonight and downloaded it from the net. Very good day and found the Rec Area also. Terry:icon_thum :-D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
SWEEEET!!!! Nothing like finding a tool when you least expect it. I think I have that same model, and once tuned up and squared it's a great additon to my shop. I have mine set up as a dedicated dado cutter. I much prefer seeing where my dado is going vs. relying on fence settings.
Sorry, I don't mean to type so loudly, my font settings aren't cooperating tonight :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
How does one know when one of the craftsman RAS's were built? Is there some sort of registry that has that sort of info? Or is it just something I can figure out when I get my manual?

DaveO

New User
DaveO
NCPete said:
How does one know when one of the craftsman RAS's were built? Is there some sort of registry that has that sort of info? Or is it just something I can figure out when I get my manual?

The serial number i.e 113, 101 etc. will tell you the manufacturer and if it is old enough, go to www.owwm.com and you can track down it's history. BTW what's your serial/model number? There are several that are on recall, and they will give you a $100 to give up your motor, rendering the saw useless. http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml01/01031.html

Mine is one, I paid a $100 for it, so I'm keeping it and being careful

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, it was made by Emerson Elec. Co. around 1998, and would be one of the saws under the current recall.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Good deal on the RAS Terry.:icon_thum BTW, how is the drywalling of your shop coming along?

D L

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Terry, cool deal on the free RAS, I have also received one recently, when one of our members was in a bind for space. Seems the RAS was taking up space needed for a 37" wide drum sander.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Congrats on the RAS. I love mine and use it quite often. I tried to get the new guard through the recall by ordering it online. It never came and supposedly a new table top would come with it also. I tried calling to see what was up but could never get through. I just make sure I know where the blade is going and make sure my hand isn't in it's path.

Paul

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
P Crews said:
Congrats on the RAS. I love mine and use it quite often. I tried to get the new guard through the recall by ordering it online. It never came and supposedly a new table top would come with it also. I tried calling to see what was up but could never get through. I just make sure I know where the blade is going and make sure my hand isn't in it's path.

Paul
I have an email sent and a phone call into them, but will call them again in the morning. I understand that with mine there is no kit available and it might also be with yours. I will let you know what I find out and maybe you can follow if you desire. Terry:?: :-|

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Terry, thanks, I'll try to give them a call again too. Maybe one of us will be able to get through. Paul

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
P Crews said:
Terry, thanks, I'll try to give them a call again too. Maybe one of us will be able to get through. Paul
I got thru this morning to the Emerson Recall Hotline (800) 511-2628 and we do have the recall model which there is NO recall kit to fix the problem. She told me that if I wanted to use it I would be at my own risk or there is a $100.00 they will give you if you decide to render the saw unserviceable for ever. They will take your name and address and send you the instructions on how to disassemble the carriage along with a box to ship it to them at there expense. I am a safety person and taking chances with a known hazard is not my cup of tea. So I have elected to make this saw unserviceable and send it back. Not for the money but for the safety. I don't need the money although I will take it and put towards a new one. But that is the scoop Paul. Terry:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS