Handscrew workshop hardware kit evaluation

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
It's been a while since I posted an update regarding our upcoming February Handscrew Workshop.

I have received samples of handscrew hardware kits from Shop Fox, Jorgensen, and Dubuque. I started to complete an evaluation of the various kits on my own, but then realized that some diversity of opinion may be beneficial to our members.

So..... would anybody be interested in joining me in evaluating the different kits, and making a recommendation as to which kit's we should choose?

I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to complete the evaluation sometime during the next couple of weeks, so that we can wrap up an order before the end of the year (in case there are price increases in 2010).

As to the qualifications of the evaluator(s), a materials or metal working background would be beneficial, but not required.

Please let me know if you're interested in assisting. Thanks much.

Scott

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Can't offer a lot of metal help, but I brew a mean cup of coffee and I'm always good for one or two wise cracks.

And I am interested.

Jim

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'll give it a go. PM me the details of what you need me to do & which kit to get.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
ScottM and Jim: Thanks for volunteering; how does this Friday look?

Dennis, thanks also for your offer. I was hoping to have folks come here, but if that is not an option I can send you the kits that I already have (as well as the notes that I made) for your review and revision.

Perhaps sometime next week? That would give ScottM and Jim a chance to stop by this week, and when we're done we can box everything up and ship it to you.

Scott S

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Hey, I'd be interested in checking these out, could start any time from lunch or after. Hmm... lunch?

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Steve / Gonzalo, Jim / Scott: How about 2 pm this Friday at the farm? Does that work for everybody?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
2:00 PM works for me. Steve if you want to stop at my house about 1:30 we can ride together or if you PM me you address I can pick you up.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
A quick follow up and proof, it really happened!

Big thanks to Scott for pulling this together. Its got everyone really excited!!

The Judges viewing the contestants.....
P101001612.JPG

View image in gallery

The Hickory logs planned to be turned into clamps.

gfernandez used as a "these logs are "THIS BIG"" measuring device....

Thanks!
Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
A quick follow up and proof, it really happened!

Big thanks to Scott for pulling this together. Its got everyone really excited!!

The Judges viewing the contestants.....

The Hickory logs planned to be turned into clamps.

gfernandez used as a "these logs are "THIS BIG"" measuring device....

Thanks!
Jim

Man, talk about a motley looking crew!

FYI an additional participant (remotely) was Dennis Reynolds (Gotcha6) who reviewed notes and photo's of the clamp kits and also endorsed the recommendation (that will be forthcoming).

My thanks to everybody for helping out!

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS