Handplane Skills and Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I will be teaching a 2-day workshop on handplane skills and techniques October 13 and 14. This is the same workshkop I did twice for TWA. Cost is $160. Lunch is provided.

Some of the topics covered include: plane anatomy, sharpening and tune-up; foursquaring lumber by hand with traditional tools, using planes to fit joinery (mortise and tenon, miter), using planes to make joints (tongue and groove, dado, rabbet), using panes to make decorative edging (molding, beading); handplaning techniques with figured wood, planing across faceframe joints, scrapers and their use and sharpening, and workench jigs (shooting boards, miter jacks, etc). The workshop will be hands on, very intense for both days. Participants will learn the use of about a dozen planes.

Inquire for more details and a tool list, etc.: Bill Anderson, Edwards Mountain Woodworks 919-932-6050, willardanderson@bellsouth.net or bill@edwardsmountainwoodworks.com

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
bump....

wish I could do it... keep looking for that magical job that doesn't require saturdays, and will allow me to afford those things that my family has gotten used to, like food, and housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS