Halloween pig pickin

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
OK, the formal announcement

We will be throwing the heat to some dead pig and chicken on Oct 30th at my house in Youngsville. Everyone is welcome , friends, family, kids, neighbors, neighbors friends, neighbors kids ....you get the picture . No pets please ! Our 4 legged children are friendly but pretty protective of their turf . *If you have any friends or family with special needs please let me know in advance and we will do everything we can to accomodate*

We try to keep this pretty simple and informal. We cook a 100 lb pig and some chicken, a few burgers and dogs for the faint-at-heart, make tons of slaw, gallons of coffee, soft drinks and buy lots of bread and buns. everything else is pot luck. Bring a side or dessert if you can but don't stay away because you can't :nah:. We don't do a whole lot as far as coordinating who brings what. just bring something if you've a mind to. If we get 50 desserts then so be it, we'll all just OD on sugar :rolf:

Bring a chair and something to share
if you have no chair, nor nothing to share ....come anyway
....we don't care ! :gar-Bi

This is very much a family oriented and kid-friendly event. The Shoppe Widow usually makes trick-or-treat buckets and do-it-yourself stuff ( coloring books, crayons etc ) for all the kids and we set up horshoes and such. We have a campfire all day and we have been known to have a guitar picker or two show up :mrgreen:

We generally eat around 4-ish but you are welcome to come amytime and just enjoy the day

i am open to anything as far as wood runs, tool swaps, demos etc ,just let me know what's on yer mind

A cold beer or two is OK but I respectfully ask for discretion, moderation and responsibility along those lines. This is a fellowship gathering , not a drunk party

An adult attendence poll is not neccessary as we will be cooking plenty and pork b-B-Q freezes real nice :gar-Bi, but please let me know how many kids-under-12 will be attending via this signup form so Debra can be ready.

Just so you know, this is a celebration of Debra's b-day, our wedding anniversary, Halloween, and also my sobriety b-day
We would be honored to have you attend . You can PM me for directions

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS