Had to jump on the bandwagon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsone

New User
Ed
The Woodcraft deal on the Rikon bandsaw was too good for me to pass up. Sold my old bandsaw for a major upgrade. Based on everyone's comments I think I will be quite happy!

IMG_1239.JPG

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
Big congrats Ed. You're gonna love the Rikon.
Let me suggest getting a couple of bi-metal blades from John at Woodcraftbands.com

nelsone

New User
Ed
I was able to slice off a 1/32 piece of veneer from a 4x12 piece of cherry this morning! I would never have been able to do that with the old saw I had!!! Needless to say, I quite excited about the possibilities this opens up!:eusa_danc

Still needs a little fine tuning and a new blade.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
You Rock Ed. This is double good, as I am sure you gave someone a fair deal on your old BS, and scored yourself an upgrade. :icon_thum

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
You got a sweet machine sir! I bought a Jet 14" and am not real satisfied with it. Has to little power, and I can't see any difference in performance over the Buffalo 14" (Chinese Delta clone) that it replaced. I might also add that the reason for the switch was so I could install the riser blocks for greating resawing highth. The 3/4" Timberwolf blade is great on dry lumber, but doesn't work well in greener lumber. Gordon from Timberwolf suggested trying the 1/2' blade for greenstock. I have yet to get one though.:saw:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS