Guy in Paradise "This is your Saw"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Well I promised I would not use it. But I did not promise that I would not seek out some help to clean, wax, and tune it for you:nah::nah:. PChristy and I got together for a day of saw cleaning, bowl blank cutting and piano moving:dontknow::help:. Yes I said piano moving:swoon::swoon:. Sorry Phillip:embaresse. It was a great day that started with breakfast this morning. We then proceeded to the secret place your saw was stored. Brought it to my little shop and proceeded to get it ready for you to scroll on. All cleaned and waxed up and ready to scroll. Just one thought though, I would look for a pedal control if you don't already have one. This saw only has three speeds that are changed by moving a belt. Then the wonderful loml called and said the piano was ready to be moved from our church down a flight of steps and over a banister:swoon::swoon:to our home, Sorry again Phillip:elvis:. Guy, your saw runs very smooth after Phillip tuned and oiled it up. We sanded the table for you and put a fresh coat of Johnson's paste wax on it. I will have to admit that I did cut a little piece of cedar on it.

DSCN2831.JPG

View image in gallery

We sincerely hope you like it:wink_smil:wink_smil

Guess I should add this for clarification

http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f77/cl-rbi-hawk-scroll-saw-300-a-23348/

Last edited:

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Guy your saw runs great and it is very smooth - we had a wrench lying on it while we cut a few things and it did not move at all - Like Tracy mentioned I would see if there is away to put a foot control on it - The belt speed control can get old quick - also you might want to go on line and see if they have an upgrade on the blade holders - I think they should have put thumb screws on it so that you could change them faster

No apologies need Tracy - I had a great day - I am [STRIKE]glad[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]happy[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]tickled[/STRIKE] :swoon: that I could help with the piano Really I am glad to help out:icon_thum and no one got hurt -- Had a great time at the shop - guess what I did when I got home:wink_smil Will post pic in a little while

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
guess what I did when I got home:wink_smil Will post pic in a little while

Guess you turned a natural edge bowl:dontknow::dontknow:

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
That saw is beautiful

Thank-you gents for the beautiful clean up job and tuning. A job well done.

A foot pedal. I will have to think about that. I have made several sewing machine foot pedals into dremel variable speed adjusters. The professional ones always seemed a little expensive for a simple machine. Sounds like a great idea. A rheostat would also be easy to put in.

I have not been idle. I did a little scrolling on a project I finished this week in preparation for BSA Court of Honor. I wanted to make it out of mahogany, but the $10.50 a board foot swayed me to use a piece of 2" thick poplar I had. Let me know what you think.

I will post a separate picture and when I insert a photo it erases this dialog.

Guy

PChristy

New User
Phillip
That looks great Guy:icon_thum - Great finish also - looks like candle holders at the top = correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS