Gun Vise Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlejon

New User
Jon
Hello all! I am looking for plans for a gun vise, preferrably FREE plans. If someone knows where I can find a plan for one (I have searched many free plan sites to no avail) or maybe has some they could forward to me, I would appreciate it. I can probably make my own without plans, but thought I would see what I could find first. I have a lot of scrap wood to make one and I am not looking to make a show piece, just something to use for cleaning, etc.

Any help would be appreciated. Here's what I am looking for:

1987807gunvise1.jpg

or

1987808vise2.jpg

Thanks in advance!

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
If you give me the type of weapon or weapons I will research it and draw some plans up for you with google sketchup. Be blessed friend.

FIVEBYFIVE

New User
MICHAEL
I think if Michael made you a sketchup file it would suit your needs. You should see the things that he has made already. Michael could you forward me a copy if you produce one.

Littlejon

New User
Jon
Michael - Thank you for the offer. I would hate for you to sketch up something just for me. I didn't want to spend a lot of time developing plans for myself, as I usually just go build it and draw it up later (AutoCAD user for 15+ years), if ever!

Anyway, I have a couple of guns I would use it for, so if you really want to sketch something up, then let me get some measurements from each and try to come up with a medium range on length. Width and height aren't as big a deal. Again, I appreciate the offer, but please don't spend a lot of time on it.

Matter of fact, don't spend ANY time on it unless it is just something you really want to do! I was planning this as a weekend project in my spare time, using the scraps I have in the shop, so there would be no need to put a lot of time in developing plans for it.

Thanks again!

Jon

Tom Dunn

New User
Tom Dunn
I've been looking to build one myself, actually.
No plans to offer but I've made a few sketches.
Essentially, I figure to use two hand screws to hold the gun. A large one mounted in a fixed position on the right end of the base, and a smaller one for the fore end that will be able to be moved left or right to fit the individual gun.

jaustin

john
Corporate Member
I've been looking to build one myself, actually.
No plans to offer but I've made a few sketches.
Essentially, I figure to use two hand screws to hold the gun. A large one mounted in a fixed position on the right end of the base, and a smaller one for the fore end that will be able to be moved left or right to fit the individual gun.

I been working on this myself.

I am going to try and use threaded rod and T-nuts f
or the clamps .

I am going to take a piece of wood the will push onto the butt of the rifle.
Make a hole a little bigger than the thread rod half way thru the wood.
then take a the threaded rod and cut a groove in it all the way around about depth about 1/8-1/4 all the way around.
Take the piece of wood and drill a hole thru the side (narrow side) till it meets the hole you drilled in the back of the piece then use a roll pin that is a little smaller thant the width of your groove on the thread rod.
insert threaded rod then insert pin thru hole you drilled in narrow side of wood, till it goes into the groove put not to far that it will keep the wood from spinning on the rod.

So this will let the clamp tighten up and not let the wood spin while tighten the clamp up. So it doesn't damage the butt stock.

well got to go to my real job.

michaelgarner

New User
Michael
its no problem friend, I have some time to kill on my hands so if you get the measurments for me I will sketch up 2 or 3 plans and put them in the download area for everyone if they want it. Thanks for the link monty, thats a good place to start. be blessed friends.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Jon,

From the photos in your post, it looks like yo have a pretty good start. Those are both good looking racks

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS