Grizzly G0690 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
Here is one for you experts.

I have noticed on my G0690 that the blade was rubbing the left side of a crosscut towards the throat plate. When I was at Klingspor this morning I mentioned it to one of the salesmen and he said he had a saw that was dishing the blade which caused the rubbing. Thinking that was rubbish I checked mine and sure enough, even with minimum tightening effort, the blade cupped in towards the fence, enough to see with a straight edge across the blade. And it happened with each of the 5 old blades I tried, the new Freud blade I just bought and even checking then in a backwards running position.

Grizzly tech service can't figure out what is happening although they have agree to send a new blade arbor.

Any ideas?

bholcombe

New User
Ben
If the arbor that your bolt tightens against to hold your blade in place isn't perfectly flat that could probably happen. Its an easy fix too, just flatten the face of it by rubbing it on some sandpaper on a hard flat surface and it should sit straight afterwards rather than cupping the blade.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Do you use blade stabilizers? I use a heavy duty, 5" stabilizer on each side of my blade. I've never noticed anything like you're describing.

Just a thought.

Bill

eyekode

New User
Salem
It sounds like the arbor flange is not flat. If it is this bad I would think you could see it with a straight edge held against the arbor. But I am surprised it can deflect that much without torquing the crap out of the nut.
Salem

rwwood49

New User
Ronnie
I've never had that problem on my Jet TS but I agree with Bill, Blade stabilisers certainly lessen any chance of blade cupping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS