Grizzly / Festool Track connector Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
I have the Scheppach Track Saw with the Grizzly 55 inch rail and accessory pack with a rail connector. In one of the reviews that compared the Scheppach with the Festool, I recall seeing that the Scheppach rails and Festool rails could be connected (however the track the saw rides on do not line up). For full length cuts on 8 ft plywood, I need to connect two short rails with the 55 inch rail and find that there can be a little movement in the rails. I thought I would try using two rail connectors for each connection to try to minimize this movement - there are two slots available for the connectors.

In looking for connectors, the only one rail connectors that were sold as an individual item were the Festool connectors, so I ordered tow of them (about the same price as one of the Grizzly accessory packs). I ordered these based on the feedback that the Festool and Scheppach tracks could be connected. However the Festool connectors is just enough thicker that it will not slide in the slot. I measure the difference as .237 -v- .227 inches.

SO my questions:

Has anyone else tried to use the Festool connector? How difficult would it be to take .01 of an inch off with sandpaper? Any thoughts or comments are appreciated.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
One connector works for me because if the work is dust free AND I press down only (no lateral force) the contact strip keeps the track aligned. But, what if I should bend one!
Maybe we customers should agree to make a complaint to Grizzly on their website. It'd be more effective if we do it in a coordinated effort.

wghatcher

Greg
Senior User
Joe, I probably should have checked with Grizzly to see if they would sell jut the connectors. I think that is the potential complaint. I plan to give these Festool connectors a quick sanding over the weekend and see if I can get them down to size.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
If that doesn't work, just remember; the outer channel is for the clamps and the inner channel is for the connector.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I thought the channels were interchangeable. Maybe I should check again

They are, however the tracks will more difficult to open with the connector inside. On the outside channel, it's easier to spread, because the shoulder contact is all on one edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS