Grizzly fasteners

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorlon666

New User
Steve
Mine are all annoyingly metric - luckily I still had an old metric socket set from my Volkswagen Beetle days!

M

McRabbet

Rick,

It depends on the power tool. My 6" jointer (G1182HW) has SAE fasteners throughout, but my 14" bandsaw (G0555) has metric. My Tablesaw (G1023SLX) and Combination Sander (G1014Z) are also SAE. But because the tools are made in SE Asia, you may find some challenges with the precision of a 1/2" bolt head fitting into an American-made 1/2" socket.

Rob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
McRabbet said:
Rick,

It depends on the power tool. My 6" jointer (G1182HW) has SAE fasteners throughout, but my 14" bandsaw (G0555) has metric. My Tablesaw (G1023SLX) and Combination Sander (G1014Z) are also SAE. But because the tools are made in SE Asia, you may find some challenges with the precision of a 1/2" bolt head fitting into an American-made 1/2" socket.

Rob
I had a Chevy El Cameno one time and most everything on drivers side was metric, while passenger side was SAE. Biggest PITA to work on, Especially when driver was SAE, sitting on metric side. Probably the only car I was GLAD to get rid of.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
junquecol said:
I had a Chevy El Cameno one time and most everything on drivers side was metric, while passenger side was SAE. Biggest PITA to work on, Especially when driver was SAE, sitting on metric side. Probably the only car I was GLAD to get rid of.

Hmmmm:eusa_thin .........I wonder if the driver's side was manufactured overseas.:lol:

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS