Griz planer disassembly? & rust removal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

First the good news. I have started to clean up the used 20" Grizzly planer I bought, here is a pic of my start on the rust removal.
grizzly%20pl%207.jpg

Now I need some help on removing the lower rollers in the bottom table. Has anyone removed them on there 20" import planer? The are on a eccentric cam that is pressed into a bearingon the roller. The cam has a threaded hole in it. I wonder if it for some kind of puller? Any thoughts would be great.

jmauldin

New User
Jim
I would contact Grizzly and get a parts list and shematic for the planer. That should show you how and where to take it apart. I don't know if you can get this on-line or not, but they should be able to tell you.
Progress looks good. Show pics when finished.
Jim in Mayberry

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Not sure if it helps tom but I have the manual for my PM 20". the rollers are the same setup I believe. loosen set screw turn roller to desired hight and tighten set screw. I will get out there later and look at it. I dont have a scanner but I can let you borrow my manual if it will help. Will be in raliegh tomorrow am and can drop it off to ral saw. let me know

fred

T

toolferone

I do have the parts break down, and yes it does adjust fine, but I want to take them out for cleaning/rust removal. I will be calling Grizzly this morning and asking them. Thanks guys.

update: I just talked to Grizzly and I was about right on removing them. I will use a little slide hammer (like a dent puller) threaded into the piece and hopefully a few slide taps and out they come. I will spray a little penatrating oil in first to loosen them up. I will let you know how it turn out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS