Griz 1023 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
sapwood said:
Mike, it's a 455 lb cabinet saw :lol:

But according to the Griz folks, once I remove the CI top and extension wings the whole assembly comes out after removing a few set screws and I can place it on the work bench! It's gonna be a breeze :mrgreen:

Sapwood

:lol: Guess I should have looked up the model # prior to responding. :saw: Duh!

MIke

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The blade is continuing to spin, though the arbor is slowing down, thus loosening nut. When teaching, we had a Delte 14"RAS with electronic brake. It did the same thing. Check both blade and arbor flange for waxes or oils. Replace arbor nut and flange. I bet one of the Delta combination nuts and flange washer will fit Griz. You knew when you bought this saw, it was going to be a BEAR to fix. If memory serves me correct, this is a cabinet saw, similar to Uni. If so, remember to take a measurement with dial indicator from miter slot to side of blade. Reinstall with same measurement, or your miter slot based jigs no longer will line up. Or you could just build all new jigs.

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Yea, sounds likke a piece of cake, 10 -15 minutes tops. :lol:

sapwood said:
Mike, it's a 455 lb cabinet saw :lol:

But according to the Griz folks, once I remove the CI top and extension wings the whole assembly comes out after removing a few set screws and I can place it on the work bench! It's gonna be a breeze :mrgreen:

Sapwood

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
junquecol said:
remember to take a measurement with dial indicator from miter slot to side of blade. Reinstall with same measurement, or your miter slot based jigs no longer will line up. Or you could just build all new jigs.

Bruce, that is a great tip about pre-measuring the distance between the blade and miter slot. I would hate to have to rebuild some of my jigs.

D L

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Don't ask how I know about jigs not fitting, but I do KNOW they won't! Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS