Grinder stand assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockey1

New User
Jesse
Just got a new 8 inch grinder this weekend with the oneway grinder attachments. Now I am looking at putting it on a portable stand with a 6 inch grinder as well. Just curious what others have done and if people that have build a cabinet style wished they built a pedestal version now flip it to those that built a pedestal version wished they had gone with a cabinet style.
Thanks
Jesse

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
Jesse, I built a sort of cabinet stand, with shelves for accessories and a place to put weighty things at the bottom. I found its nice to have the grinder sort of high so its easier to set up the various guides. As to whether a cabinet or pedestal is better, I have been happy with my set up. Its always nice to have more storage space in the shop and its good to have a place to put accessories close by where they belong.

Roy G

Rick M

New User
Rick
I went from a pedestal, (wall mounted actually), to a cabinet but that was mostly for convenience in the moment. Now that I have a lathe and will be making or buying some sharpening jigs, I might go with a dedicated cabinet for my electric grinder and put my hand crank on a pedestal.

hockey1

New User
Jesse
thanks everyone for the replies. I am going to go with the cabinet type. Now I just need to find time in between all of the other projects that need to be done to start this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS