Great Customer Service

Charlie Buchanan

Charlie
Corporate Member
In the spirit of the holiday season in the midst of a pandemic I want to report two instances of great customer service I’ve had recently. I really value retailers who go out of their way to be helpful.

1)Horton Brasses:
Back in early November I ordered a set of hardware for a spice chest from Horton Brasses. They shipped quickly but the USPS package tracking showed no progress after a couple of days. I called Horton on Dec. 1. A real person answered the phone and tracked the shipment in a couple of minutes. Finding that the package had apparently been lost in transit she immediately volunteered to reship the order at no charge. I received the reshipment within the week.
Finally, yesterday the USPS delivered the original November shipment. I returned it unopened this morning with a thank-you note. Over-the-top service. A person who could handle the problem on the spot answered the phone without going through a phone tree and solved the issue on the spot.

2) Kyson Leather Hide Store:
My wife has been after me to get a leather chair repaired for quite a while. I found an upholsterer to do the job but I would need to get the leather. I contacted the Leather Hide Store office in Hillsborough. They are closed to public during the pandemic, but offered to meet me outside masked with samples to compare to my chair. I took the chair arm with me and they took it inside, came back with four close matching swatches for me to choose from. I chose and ordered the half-hide on the spot. Super nice folks to deal with if you need some upholstery leather.
They have a very useful website for ordering online as well:

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS