Gov. on Woodwright Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rickc

A member of the Triangle Woodworker's Association sent me this information. Have not seen it posted (please forgive me if it is a duplicate) but thought it might be interesting:

"Just found out that Governor Easley will appear on The Woodright's show on December 29th. at 4P.M. on channel 4. The Governor will show tables he has made for the Mansion. He has a shop set-up in the mansion ."

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
I saw that on one of the Greensboro area local news stations Fox 8 I believe it was. They were doing a story about his hobby.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
The Time Warner guide shows a Woodwright's Shop episode on Cherokee Woodworkers tomorrow at 4pm on UNC-TV. Is this the show with Mike Easley?

TBone

New User
Tommy
He's not even breaking a sweat on the foot pedal lathe. Got Roy working the pedal :lol:

Makinsawdust

New User
Robert
Actually, I heard he cut himself during the taping of the show but they edited that out. Based on history, he may just be an acident looking for a place to happen. Course if I was using a chisel to do what he was doing I might cut myself too. I'm kinda partial to using a bandsaw, scroll saw, jigsaw, or coping saw to do what he was doing with a chisel. I'd be interested in knowing what the rest of you think of his "poboy" table.
Rob

grumpy

New User
Harry Goodwin
I thought he did quite well for himself without that bandsaw, router table ect.. Handtools for most of us are a favorite but there have been some improvements I would hate to do without. Harry

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I just finished watching it. I mentioned to my wife how I didn't understand how the first walnut table he made back in the 70's didn't split the mitered frame around the solid top field (no allowance for movement). She said "that's why he's the Governor and you aren't" :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:
That was one of the more interesting Woodwright's Shop I've seen in awhile.

Dave:)

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
She said "that's why he's the Governor and you aren't" :eusa_doh::eusa_doh:
Dave:)

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

That applies to me also. I missed the show, I wanted to make a trip to Woodcraft and that was the only timeframe I could get up there.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Maybe he is and we just don't know:eusa_thin.

Jimmy

quote=jeff...;117356]Why isn't Governor Easley a member of NCWoodWorker.net?[/quote]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS