Gotta wait for the money tree to get ripe for this one

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Yeah... then tax and shipping. About $1,300 to your door? Hard to swallow that, imo, but if this ends up making you money, or making your cuts better...
I think the "only" other option, for accuracy and repeatability, would be the Incra. The incra is a lot cheaper, but then you have that long arm that sticks out.

Sort of a toss up, imo.

Are you going to save up...then pull the trigger on this?

For me, I would sell the rails and fence from my SS, and recoup some money, which might soften the blow a little.
I'd love to add this to my SawStop, but definitely have to sleep on this.

I just came across this video,... If you haven't seen it, check it out: Harvey Highlight 0 BIG EYE Rip Fence System

Thanks for posting!

joec

joe
User
I am a big fan of nice tools, even if it is not justified for my hobby. I wish I had not seen this one and will try to forget. Just bought the Super Cool Tools fence about a year ago......We will see if I can quiet my tool emotions down.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
If this fence was at a more "reasonable" price, $799 vs $1,050, I'd buy it before the month is over., then sell my SS fence and rails.
In the meantime... *dreaming*

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
My Sawstop table saw with a stock fence has never been an issue. It has an add-on track that allows the use of micro-adjustable stops, which can be convenient, especially with repetitive cuts. For me, this fence is a solution looking for a problem.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
There's no shortage of overpriced tools out there.
And there is no shortage of people with deep pockets to buy them.
No worse than a lot of stuff from Bridge City like $200 for a jig to make chopsticks, etc.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
There's no shortage of overpriced tools out there.
And there is no shortage of people with deep pockets to buy them.
No worse than a lot of stuff from Bridge City like $200 for a jig to make chopsticks, etc.
I have a shop filled with expensive tools. I have no objection to spend good money on good tools. However, in this case, I have never had any issues with the stock Sawstop fence. Sawstop miter gauges are another story. (G) They aren't defective, but there are better ones out there, and I have two of them.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
<snip>
For me, this fence is a solution looking for a problem.
My feeling is similar..it rolls up a long list of small improvements (micro adjuster, high low fence, handle not in the way, etc), but fundamentally it’s offering a traditional manual rip fence that locks securely.

Bies, Vega, Excalibur, et al solved that problem decades ago for much less money…

As I watched the video, I kept thinking of which fence system they copied features from…

-Mark

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Yikes - agree w/ the upstream that his seems a bit gimmicky/ solution looking for a problem, and WAY expensive for what it is. I don't see anything here that'll move me from my Unifence.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
I think we all have something be it, a car, horse, lawn mower, golf clubs, boat, wood, shop tools which we enjoy and derive pleasure from. Most of us can not buy every single thing we would like but it is nice when something comes along and we can buy it.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS