Gotta Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

lottathought

New User
Michael
I have always found the idea of gloating here about the tools that I pick up to be a funny thing.
Frankly, I suspect many here have much nicer tools than mine.

But I do think that I scored a killer deal today and gotta gloat a little on that.

Back in June, there was a Fleabay thread about how crazy the tool bidding had gotten.
I commented on a Delta Dust collector and how high the bid had gotten..
I lost the bid because I would not go that high....so I thought.

When I got back from the beach, I had an email from the owner stating that the winning bidder did not read the part about the buyer having to be local.
In fact, it appears the top BIDDERS did not read that part.
And he will let me have it for my highest bid.

So I now have the Delta AP-400 dust collector in my garage for $70.00.. :eusa_danc
It it nearly new and I am a happy guy.
Of course it is not the biggest one out there but it is a good start and fits in my garage.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Congrats on the score, but did it really happen without a photo? :eusa_thin

"You suck" pending.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I have always found the idea of gloating here about the tools that I pick up to be a funny thing.
Frankly, I suspect many here have much nicer tools than mine.

Gloat: To feel or express great, often malicious, pleasure or self-satisfaction

But I do think that I scored a killer deal today and gotta gloat a little on that.

So I now have the Delta AP-400 dust collector in my garage for $70.00.. :eusa_danc
It it nearly new and I am a happy guy.
Of course it is not the biggest one out there but it is a good start and fits in my garage.

Sound like you are satisfied....that's a worthy gloat to me. Always read the fine print :icon_thum .
SUCKAGE pending photographic evidence :-D

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
Pictures - the official rules say it's just a rumor without pictures :lol: Sounds like a great deal.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Pictures - the official rules say it's just a rumor without pictures :lol: Sounds like a great deal.
The one advantage to being a techno idiot is you don't have to either gloat, or post pictures. Just go enjoy your new toys, I mean tools.

nelsone

New User
Ed
worthless_without_pics.gif

Attachments

• worthless_without_pics.gif
    worthless_without_pics.gif
    41.6 KB · Views: 148

lottathought

New User
Michael
OK OK.....

So I have been a slacker...

Time to pony up some pics..

Actually, I have been on a tool spree of a sort.
I realized that if I am going to be serious and actually create things like I want them, I will need certain tools.

So let me introduce you to my latest acquisitions.

First...the dust collector...

Attachments

• PICT2446.jpg
    PICT2446.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 147

lottathought

New User
Michael
You will remember that I mentioned a need for a jointer back when I started building the bookcase...

Well let me introduce you to my Delta 37-196...
I picked it up in Snow Hill for $150.00
The guy I bought it off of is in the AirForce and needed to sell it as he was moving to England.
Dave saw it the night I picked it up...
And it works VERY nice.

Attachments

• PICT2448.jpg
    PICT2448.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 154

lottathought

New User
Michael
And...it was a little of a lucky fluke that I picked up the Delta Mortising machine...
I did not use it in the bookcase but I have plans for it in the near future.
Got it on Craigslist for 100.00...

Attachments

• PICT2447.jpg
    PICT2447.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 175

lottathought

New User
Michael
And last but not least....

The slow grinder I got from Woodcraft when they were having the sale in June....and the Wolverine Jig...

Now I am broke and will not be buying any new tools for a little while.....:crybaby2:

Attachments

• PICT2449.jpg
    PICT2449.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 163

clowman

Clay Lowman
That's some first rate gloating there. I reckon it HAS to be followed up with a hearty YOU SUCK!

Nice scores!

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Mike, your shop is begining to look an awful lot like mine :lol: :lol: :lol: I highly recommend most of those tools...I have them also :icon_thum
So that really does mean that you SUCK!

Dave:)

nelsone

New User
Ed
OK, looks like you have made up for the lack of pics in a grand way! So in light of the great deals you have managed to find (why-o-why can't I find those deals) and the pics to prove it, I hearby declare that...

YOU SUCK!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS