Got to meet Mike Davis yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Me and Kevin ( Knot Head ) took a quick ....OK not so quick ride to Mike Davis' place yesterday to pick up a band saw :tool:( embedded gloat ....pics later )

We had a wonderful time . Here again was that friendly, knowledgeable, patient attitude that runs rampant among the members of this group :icon_thum
We watched Mike turn mallets on his lathe, asked tons of questions, met his new BS in person ( nice mo-sheen! ) and talked shop for a couple of hours .
Mike has a beautiful place and makes a killer pot of chili !!!!! :eek:ccasion1

Thanx Mike for the hospitality and taking the time to lead a couple of rookies around by the hand :newbie:

rbdoby

New User
Rick
Mike, my recipe is pretty close to yours except I add beans and instead of balsamic vinegar I use beer. The beer seems to helps to cut some of the acidity of the tomatoes.

Rick Doby

Jon

New User
Jon Todd
I used to make it with beans, but I'm getting old now and the beans don't set well anymore.

I make it different every time, sometimes I add fresh Basil if we have it in the garden. Sometimes ground beef or venison, red wine vinegar or just red wine, sometimes I add a cup of strong coffee, chopped jalopenos or green peppers. The green peppers bother me now too so I don't use them much anymore.

There are a 1000 different ways to make good chili and I think I have made about 600 of them. :rotflm:

One time I made it with just the roast and chili peppers, it was hot but not as flavorful. I like lots of contrasting flavors in my foods.

I usually have the beer on the side, but Saturday I didn't want to cause problems for my traveling friends. :eek:ccasion1

See thats where you messed up. You should have given them plenty of beer and then they would have to stay and help with the Wild rose patch.
:rotflm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS