Goodwill Lathe

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
DSWalker is ready for the Goodwill lathe to move on. It appears the waiting list is:
1. railtaco
2. KTWalker
3. Zapdafish

I've reached out to David and Jim to make the transfer by pickup or pony express.

If others are interested in trying the world of turning, please reach out to be added to the list.

Here is a photo list of what is included: Goodwill Lathe inventory

And here is the policy:
For those that don't know about this we have a complete lathe setup with chucks, turning tools, sharpening equipment and everything needed to decide if you really have the turning bug or if it just isn't your thing.

Let us know if you'd like to be the next victim volunteer to try out turning without having to spend the major investment to get started. You will need to work with the last user to arrange the transportation of the lathe and its supporting features moved to your location. This is a great opportunity to 'try before you buy'.

We typically allow members to try out the Goodwill Lathe for approximately 3 months and then pass it on to another member so they can have enough time to decide if they want to continue to pursue turning as a hobby and then let somebody else benefit from the experience.

Criteria to be considered the next member assigned the lathe:
  • Length of time as a member
  • ability to get together with the current member in Raleigh, NC
  • forum activity
  • availability of a lathe mentor to help get you started
Post a reply here if you want to be added to the list.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks for letting us know.
KTWalker, you're on deck. Please contact DSWalker by DM.

flax10

New User
Mark
We would love to be added to the list.
Just got referenced to the Goodwill Lathe via this thread I started:

DTBoss

New User
Dan
To whomever has the lathe currently, I have a tool rest for the grinder that was loaned to me with the lathe. It was left behind when I transferred it to the next user. I'm in downtown Raleigh if you're ever this way. Maybe shoot me an email if you're interested. dan@dpcrow.com

DSWalker

David
Corporate Member
To whomever has the lathe currently, I have a tool rest for the grinder that was loaned to me with the lathe. It was left behind when I transferred it to the next user. I'm in downtown Raleigh if you're ever this way. Maybe shoot me an email if you're interested. dan@dpcrow.com
Justin, #NCPACKFAN on this site should have it. He picked it up from me a month or so back. I think he is in N Raleigh.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors