Good day all around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
'Twas a good, no, GREAT day!!

I got up at a gentlemanly 8:30. With WC Shop Contest and a XMAS present gift certificates in hand, LOML and I made the long trek from little Washington to the Raleigh Woodcraft to take advantage of their big sales event.

I met with Herb who had graciously put aside a few things for me. Then I spent some time walking around looking at and picking up a few other goodies. When the damage was done I only over-spent my GCs by $75. After looking at the goodies I didn't buy, we headed to to Hillsborough Street by NCS to eat lunch at Red, Hot & Blue. I had a great lunch of a beef brisket sandwich, baked beans and a few ribs on the side- a great meal! After a few more stops for LOML we headed home.

Oh, and the haul: a Lee Valley/Veritas twin screw vise, WC sliding end vise, WC quick relase front vise (on order), 4 each- LV bench dogs and pups, 3 packs of Norton sandpaper, Jacobs33 keyless DP chuck, two 48" INCRA T-tracks, lazy susan, and a gallon of Titebond III.

P1010171.JPG

And the great day wasn't over- when I got home I had an email waiting on my computer from my editor- a contract for the second article is on the way!!!! Life is good!!!!

Glennbear

Glenn
Definitely a great day Alan, lots of shop goodies, good company and a good meal . Congratulations ! :wsmile:

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Congrats on a great day. So - you're really gonna build that torsion box out of sandpaper and Titebond III! :gar-La;

Ernie

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
Sound's like you had one vise of a good time. :eusa_clap Congratulations. :icon_thum

Danny

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Gotta love that Titebond III! Does that make this a "sticky" thread?

:gar-La;

Congrats on the loot!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I gotta wonder about someone who gets on this site and brags about their many vises.:gar-La;:gar-La;
Congrats. Always good to get outa town after the bad weather we've had around this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS