Going to be representing NCWW in LA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdulaney

New User
John
I'll be starting a new job out in Los Angeles come the beginning of January. I should be moving out there in a couple of weeks.

John.

Glennbear

Glenn
Best of luck John, it may be interesting for you to see what kinds of "local" wood are sold out there on the left coast. :wsmile:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry to see anyone go but Congrats John on the new job. We will leave a light on.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
If you like Oil Based Finishes or anything very volatile organically, you might be in for a shock. California has some strict laws about selling or importing the stuff. You might have to learn to like water based finishes, if you don't already.

Good luck, especially with the new job. My nephew is heading to San Diego for new employment and really looking forward to it compared to the Indiana (where he is now) winters.

jdulaney

New User
John
Thanks, y'all, for the well wishes! I have a few ideas for woodworking projects once I get moved out there and set up, so I might be coming back for advice.

Ugh, I can't stand water based varnish. It always seems to do weird things. I hope at least BLO is allowed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors