Gloat warning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Saturday the infamous DaveO and I are off to points west.... We shan't be returning empty handed... (or more appropriately "emptry trailered...")

And yes, the new toyls will be measured in tons...

More to come...

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Saturday the infamous DaveO and I are off to points west.... We shan't be returning empty handed... (or more appropriately "emptry trailered...")

More to come...

You know Scott, I'm starting to think that your new hobby might just be collecting new toys.:gar-La;

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
You know Scott, I'm starting to think that your new hobby might just be collecting new toys.:gar-La;

Jimmy what do you mean by "new" hobby????? Brother, this is a LIFELONG HOBBY!!! Matter of fact, it's a way of life, a reason for existance, and my "special purpose" all wrapped up in one! :rolf:

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jimmy what do you mean by "new" hobby????? Brother, this is a LIFELONG HOBBY!!! Matter of fact, it's a way of life, a reason for existance, and my "special purpose" all wrapped up in one! :rolf:

I agree, it's a lifelong hobby for me too, but on a much smaller scale, but I'm from NJ and as they say everything is bigger in Texas. So I guess you just have larger "habits" than me.:gar-La;

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
No clues even ... oh, let's make this a game!

I'm putting my bets on one of those tree downers with log section chainsaw cutter chopper things "all in one" bad boy machines.

DaveO

New User
DaveO

More to come...

Your toyl(s) might be measured in tons but mine is only in the ¼ ton range :cry_smile but it will be the biggest thing in my shop :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
I'm looking forward to the trip. Not as illustrious as the one to Griz, but still a trip to get big tools.

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Your toyl(s) might be measured in tons but mine is only in the ¼ ton range :cry_smile but it will be the biggest thing in my shop :eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc
I'm looking forward to the trip. Not as illustrious as the one to Griz, but still a trip to get big tools.

Dave:)

your job [should you choose to accept it] is to woo the wimmins dave!:icon_thum you might want to confer with [the bas] before the trip!:rotflm: he may have some tips fer ya!:eek:

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
your job [should you choose to accept it] is to woo the wimmins dave!:icon_thum you might want to confer with [the bas] before the trip!:rotflm: he may have some tips fer ya!:eek:

:rolf: :rotflm: :rolf:

Yeah, but unlike "The Bas", Dave's actually prying open his wallet and buying something to take home!

Here are some hints re what I'm picking up...

1 - Travis found it for me...
2 - I'm told that Dino used to own it...

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
:rolf: :rotflm: :rolf:

Yeah, but unlike "The Bas", Dave's actually prying open his wallet and buying something to take home!

Here are some hints re what I'm picking up...

1 - Travis found it for me...
2 - I'm told that Dino used to own it...

Sander?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
you might want to confer with [the bas] before the trip!:rotflm: he may have some tips fer ya!:eek:
With a tough case like DaveO, I'm not sure tips will help. I'm good, but not _that_ good. :rolf:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have seen it many times, touched it a few, and will be there Saturday to direct traffic onto the trailer. And at least one of the prior guesses could be right.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I would take The Bas with you. Your chances of deep seeded discounts are greater when The Bas is hanging around.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
<grin>

Jeremy nailed it - 37" widebelt sander.

Tracy, I'm glad that you'll be there to help load!

Once the sander is here, I'll only have the Oliver jointer/planer, big dust blower, and Festool goodies remaining to be picked up. The Oliver will be the greatest challenge for unloading; it's the heaviest out of all of the equipment. I'll probably have to use both the backhoe and the skidsteer to unload it - picking from both sides of the trailer and then pulling the trailer out from underneath it. Lowering it smoothly to the floor ought to be interesting...

I'll try to post some updated pix early next week.

Scott

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Sweet! That means you'll be over The Woodworking Source visiting with Rick, huh! Watch out ... you might just need a few more things! Maybe a few "extra" blades, some sandpaper and other tools!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors